Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Escape of the Turtles

Tanner has 2 desert tortoises that live in our back yard. We moved them outside this summer and made a nice little section of the yard for them. We made sure there were plenty of plants for shade and made a little covered area for them. They love it much more than the aquarium that they came in. But the big one named Spike is ALWAYS trying to escape. I need to add one more row of bricks to their wall. He shouldn't be able to get out, but somehow he does. If he doesn't make it over the wall, he falls backwards onto his back and gets stuck. I found him on his back 2 times yesterday! He could die like that, you would think he would stop trying!!! I found him by the lawnmower yesterday and over by the pool filters today! He walked all the way across the yard right along the pool! He must know he can't swim. HE tries all day to get out...the little one is just happy to be out of the cage and he just wanders around. They are right outside my kitchen window and I love watching them while I do the dishes. The kids think I am crazy because I talk to them and to the hummingbirds. I have actually named my birds and I LOVE them. They are so cute and fun to watch. I love my little animals! They keep me company during the day!

2 comments:

susan bunker said...

what a good mother you are to your little animals!! how wonderful for them you look after them so much in the day! thank you for the great leadership meeting. all of your presidency is very sweet and inspired! i am loving working with the laurels again!

Anonymous said...

Allison, you are really hot. The way you take care of animals is very adorable.

Love you,

John