Thursday, May 22, 2008

sad sad day!!

Those of you who know me well, know that I have some issues with my apple laptop. I've had it for 4 years now and it lives on my lap or the kitchen counter most of the day... well, it died today. It's been acting up for the last few weeks and today it finally gave up. I took it down to the Apple store and they confirmed that it was dead. I am SO sad. I told the guy that it was my baby! The only good thing is that I had a feeling that it was on it's last leg, so I backed it up last week onto a portable hard drive. So, I only lost the pictures that I took this last week. So now I have to decide if I want to spend $300 to get it fixed or buy a new one. I really don't want to pay for either one, so I might have to use the Family PC for a while! YUCK!! What am I going to do! I'm having withdrawls already!!

5 comments:

susan bunker said...

you can't live without your laptop! i say get a new one:). i suppose john will hate me now!

suzanne said...

it sounds to me like it is time for a mac book!!!

Sarchet Family said...

I am so sorry Allison! I feel terrible for the death. Are you going thru with-drawls? I bet you are. Have John figure out how to do a trade for a new Mac! I bet he could do that. Talk to you soon!

Erin Camp said...

We are now addicted to apple as well. Treat yourself to a new one. Everyone knows you deserve it:)

Anonymous said...

We're starting a collection for a new Mac. If everyone who left a comment donates $400, Allison can get a sweet computer. We accept checks or money orders. Thanks!

John