Thursday, June 5, 2008

School's out for summer!

Tanner had that song blaring on the Guitar Hero yestarday! A nice thing to wake up too...

I am always a bit mixed emotioned with the last day of school...

Top 5 reasons why I am sad that school is out:
1. My house can't stay clean...
2. I hear "I'm bored" all day! (Tanner came in a few minutes ago and said he was tired of swimming...maybe it's just not warm enough yet and the water is still a bit chilly.)
3. I hear that there is nothing to eat all day long...
4. I have to fight for TV and computer time... especially at night when they think they can now stay up late every night!
5. No more lunch dates with my husband...

Top 5 reasons that I am glad school is out...
1. No more backpacks all over the house
2. No more waking up Ashley for seminary! (that's not easy)
3. No more driving carpools.
4. No more making lunches
5. No more fighting kids to do homework and going to bed early.

I decided to let them do what they want until Monday and then the job chart will come out! I am actually excited to do some fun activities with them and go on a few trips with the kids! I really do love my kids and enjoy being with them.. I guess I need to be organized with some fun ideas and projects for them to do... Let me know if you hear of any fun day trip ideas.

3 comments:

Erin Camp said...

Really? Mine just made it through Kindegarten. Do you know how many summer vacations I have left to get through? :) Good luck with your teens while I try to keep the small ones entertained this summer. We miss you guys.

suzanne said...

we learned to NEVER say that we were bored during summer vacation because my dad would surely find some job for us to do OR we would have to read a book and write a book report... so we always kept ourselves really busy.

susan bunker said...

i feel your pain. every day feels like friday or saturday. it seems like a big free-for-all for a while. they adjust after about a week and get into the new routine. your lists were very accurate!