Tuesday, June 3, 2008

when one thing breaks...


It started with my laptop.... now Ashley's car is dead. We think the alternator is out. She called us late Saturday night and said that her battery was dead, so her friend jumped it for her. We told her to come straight home, she was way up north. As she was coming home she called to tell us that it died again at a stop light. So her friend Alex called her uncle and he came to help and we decided to drive up there so John could drive the car home. We got it going again and it made it home, never to start again! We had to call a tow truck... Ashley was so sad. Luckily it's finals this week and school only goes till 11:00 or so. Because this lazy mother can't get up early to drive her to school, I let her take my car. So I am home catching up on my blog reading this morning....

laptop update.... i decided to be smart, save money and just get my laptop fixed. So it is somewhere at an Apple hospital getting all better. Hopefully it will be back in my hands soon. A new one just wasn't in the budget right now.... it killed me tadmit that! Family night was on "Wants and Needs" last night! We all needed a reminder.

Check out this cute picture of Scott & Jenn's dog Duce trying out the pool Saturday. He hated it! He wouldn't get in, they finally got him in and the minute they let go, he was out! pretty funny!

6 comments:

Sarchet Family said...

So Sorry Ashley! A car death in the family is very sad. I have had this happen to me many times. Won't it be great when you can work all summer to fix it! :-) No really is sad on the whole family.

I am glad to hear that the computer is getting fixed. It is hard to be with our your computer.

Love the dog photo! Hard to believe people are out in bathing suits already. I need to get warm!

Love ya- Julie

susan bunker said...

isn't that the truth? when one thing breaks down, WATCH OUT..there is surely a couple more things to follow. but Ashley's car??? i didn't know! she is such a cutie, i guess you are really who i should feel sorry for. it is difficult to share with a teenager! you might get more done now though, if you are stuck at home :). i'm mostly glad you are getting your lap top fixed. first things first!!!

Janae' said...

Dear Allison....I hate tot ell you this bur....that's not a dog....I think it is a cow or something...IT IS HUGE!!! You don't have to tell your friends....
They will just think it's cool that their dog "mooooooos".

Sorry about the breakdowns....bummer.

Janae'

Janae' said...

Sorry it's me again....I just wanted to remind you that I am "key-board challenged". Sorry for all the mistakes in that comment.

jlr

suzanne said...

yuck... what a way to end the school year, i hate car problems.

Edie and Luke said...

After seeing this pic of their dog in your pool as well as our experience with Lola- I think you guys are going to be in the market for a dog! Ha Ha! We are so not dog people!

Hey Ashley- now maybe you can talk your mom and dad into getting you a new BMW or something! Ha Ha