Monday, July 21, 2008

ashley's corner

hello world. since this blog is called "Barnes FAM", and i happen to be the most important part of the FAM, i might as well make a post. this is ashley. whats up? well.. today is quite an interesting day. i woke up about an hour ago, ready for a fun filled day of tanning and reading. what summer is all about right? wrong. instead i got bombarded with jobs. empty the dishwasher! dust the whole house! make me breakfast! and to top it all off, tanner is being a baby. big surprise. he is addicted to this stupid game on the internet and mitchell closed it so he was screaming and pouting forever. and then I get in trouble because i was laughing histerically hahaha. it was funny. whatever. but also my mom said we're going to help some lady. she was reading her blog and saw that she needed help so we're heading over there in about an hour. i am proud of my cute little mom who saw that there was service that could be done and she did all she could to get this ladys address and had to call like 4 different people. so props to her.
ALSO, i would like to inform everyone that the nordstrom anniversary sale is going on. and i highly reccomend going. if anyone sees an adorable pink and brown plaid coat.. tell my mom it was cute. she doesnt agree with me.
SO, today is my first official day off of grounding! yes, i was grounded for a week. im not sure if my mom wrote about that on the blog already but just a little recap.. while they were out of town i was put in charge. (good choice for them.. very smart) and i had 3 cars to drive. the ugly van, the hot fast luxurious lexus, or the painted silly stringed jacked up volvo. i was doing really good following the rules and one of them was DO NOT DRIVE THE LEXUS. and you know what? im used to not driving that car. so no biggie. THEN. the van got a flat tire. so my 3 choices was narrowed down to 2. (and might i add that unlike my previous 3 flat tires.. this one wasn't even my fault.. there was a fatty nail in the tire!) and i just cant handle that kind of temptation. so at first i just drove it a little bit. to drop mitch off at the zebes and whatnot. but then it became an every outing thing. and i should be rewarded for watching those two kids right? ha. yeah okay. i got a beating when my dad came home. ha just kidding. but the whole reason im even telling this story is so that i can share my favorite part!! my dad said i could pick him and my mom up in the lexus at the airport (question- if i can drive on the freeway to the airport in it, why cant i drive it around off the freeway? its safer right? stupid) so i did. and he drove back. mind you, while i was taking care of the lexus i got 0 tickets, 0 accidents, nothing! and on the way home, good ol' john ran into the garage door.. and got a huge dent in it!!!! hahahahahahhahahahha. i know right? hilarious! i am a better driver than him. i dont know why he doesnt trust me with his car.. i am an outstanding driver. :)
what else is going on? hmm.. my good friend travis came home after being at a wilderness camp for 42 days. i missed him a lot and its good to have him back.
i dont know what i have planned this week.. there are so many options seeing as i am no longer grounded. i thought i was going to go insane last week. it feels good to know that i can jump in my car and get outta here whenever i please :) and i also decided today that tanner needs a vacation. my parents had a week in dominican republic, mitchell was at scout camp all week, i went to girls camp, so we've all had fun summer activities. tanner? not so much. and i think its getting to him. he needs to get out of this house. make some friends or something. so if anyone is interesting in taking him in please give me a call haha!!
well, this is quite a long post. i'd say im done for the day.. i guess i should get up and get dressed. thats one of my favorite parts about summer. i change from my pjs to swimsuit and by the time i am done outback its time for the pjs again. hahaha. beautiful. well.. what can i say. thanks for reading. its been real. its been fun. its been real fun.

im out.
-ash

7 comments:

Lisa and Bill said...

okay that was hilarious! Funny story about the garage. That was fun that your mom let you leave a little bit of you on the blog.

Sarchet Family said...

Hi Ashley- does your mom know you wrote this post?

You are so funny! Great story....sorry John.

Tanner can come here anytime! We would love to have him!

Do you have a blog Ashley?

Julie Westra said...

Hey cutie pie - that was very well written and I enjoyed the read. You kept me interested the whole time. Better than some adults. I love funny stories. Especially when people get in trouble and when their parents screw up. Aunt Julie showed me some pics of you from the wedding and I have to say, you are GORGEOUS! But you always have been. Stay out of trouble and keep looking fabulous. Miss you tons. You keeping up on those eyebrows? Come up and see us sometime. Maybe if Dave and I ever go out of town you can take care of the girls and drive our sweet pimped out van ride.
Love
Aunt Julie

Allison Barnes said...

oh gosh thank you everyone for your positive feedback.
julie s- my mom does know, and she is quite upset that i referred to her as an "old woman" but she'll get over it :) she knows i love her haha. okay i will get a box and send tanner ASAP. not even joking.
julie w- hey girl! i miss you! well thank you thank you for all your compliments haha you are looking pretty dang good as well!! serious. i was looking at your blog and daaang you are skinny :) haha. i wanna come visit you soon i miss you and davey and tiffany how old is she now like 12?! haha no. okay love you guys

susan bunker said...

you are the cutest! i think you are the only 17 year old that could get away with that post :). I thought the grounding was kind of harsh since everything else had gone so well, but RULES ARE RULES!!! remember that!

Grama Linda said...

Ashley... You are an absolute ANGEL, so I absolutely think you should drive that sweet black L anytime.
(I guess you'd better get the OK first though...oops!)
You are just the cutest and I love you tons!

email and phone numbers said...

Ashley..... when are we doing lunch?? Call me! & I'll even let you drive my car - wink wink! xo