Saturday, July 19, 2008

fabulous find! and baby-sitting...



We were at Target last night and look what they had in the dollar section! I bought 2 pair! I LOVE sweetarts... possibly my number one candy choice, but that is hard to narrow down. I have a fascination with all sorts of candy. I've always wanted to make a scrapbook on my favorite candies and why I like them and how i like to eat them...some candies I like to sort by color and some I like to eat the edge first... like a Reeses. yummmm. (okay this is ashley now and to be honest im a little concerned that my mom wont have any friends after they read this blog. so please just forget about this sad description of her life and move on with your day :) thanks. peace and love. )

So my daughter thinks I am a little strange... but I really do have enough information in my head that would make a really interesting scrapbook. Like when I see certain candy it takes me back in time to riding my bike through the cemetery to the grocery store to buy all the candy my $ could afford. I bet my grandkids would find that interesting some day.


Anyway... Mitchell made it home from scout camp... he had a little fall down a cliff that he was supposed to jump off into a pool of water. I guess someone has it on video... I'm anxious to see it. But his OK. Luckily it happened on the last day of hiking. He's a bit sore and scraped up.

We are baby-sitting my brothers dog this weekend. We were a bit nervous because we aren't really dog people. But so far so good.... The kids are loving him! We found out that he really likes socks! and his mouth is VERY strong... hard and scarey to get anything out!

3 comments:

susan bunker said...

I can totally relate to your candy fetish! Sorry Ashley, but on this one, I'm with your mom ALL the way.

Glad Mitchell is ok. Don't let the dog get his mouth on any part of your body. OOCH!!

Unknown said...

Man that is a good looking dog! Looks very sweet and kind. Thanks again for watching him... he loved it, he told us last night.

Julie Westra said...

Your daughter is freakin hilarious. You should let her post more. Dave tells us about your candy fetish all the time, when we get on him for his obsession, he always throws you under the bus, "You think I'm bad, you should see Aunt Allison when she buys candy..........."

BTW, I'm running a 10K next week! Wish me luck. I'll post about it when I'm done if I can move. Mostly I'm just doing it for the blogging opportunity. :) I'm up to a 9 min/20 sec mile. I train at five miles/run. Who would have thought?!