Thursday, July 31, 2008

Strange....

I find it so strange that my body has adjusted to this desert heat. We went to dinner tonight at Bajio and they were closing for a private party so we had to take our food to go. So we decided to go to a park to eat it and I expected to be miserable at the park in 102 degree weather (at 7:00pm)... but we sat there and ate and it was very enjoyable. There was a slight breeze and we enjoyed our time at the park. The boys even played on the playground for a few minutes.... I sat there and said "this is so weird that I'm not dyeing out here." If someone would have told me 4 1/2 years ago that I would enjoy sitting outside in the summer, I would not have believed it! But I guess our bodies have adjusted to the heat. I am sitting in my house that is set to 78 degrees and my feet are freezing... crazy! 

3 comments:

Carrie said...

I know what you mean. I thought I was going to die the first summer we lived here. But now we go to San Diego in the summer and freeze! Last week we were in Logan, and everyone up there was complaining about the heat, and Haley and I just said, oh, it feels pretty nice to us!

suzanne said...

7:00 is the perfect time to head outside during the summer, especially since it stays light outside so late.

Lisa and Bill said...

Yep, your body does adjust I'm convinced of that. I love going out about 7:30 or just before the sun goes down. It is strange how that feels nice. I was laughing when you mentioned being cold at 78degrees. I'm always reaching for a blanket at night!