Sunday, January 18, 2009

Change...

One of the great things about the church is that there is always change...  It's always hard to let go of callings and its scary to move on to new things.  But if we were all comfortable in our callings, we wouldn't grow. We had big changes in our ward today, we got a new Bishopric. We feel great about Bishop Hodson and know that he has been called by God. And his counselors are strong, great men. I know that they will do a wonderful job.

We love Bishop Lords and his counselors! They have done an amazing job and we will miss them!  Bishop Lords is the only Bishop we have known here in the Canyon Gate Ward... He and his counselors and their families helped us feel so welcome when we moved in. John loved working with Bishop Lords when he was the YM's president. He learned a lot from him and enjoyed getting to know him. Bishop Lords was always supportive of me in my calling with the YW.  He came to camp everyday to be with his YW and never missed a youth conference or another stake event. That meant a lot to the girls and the leaders. THANK YOU!!!

The only problem I have with our new bishop is that he won't be the Stake YM President anymore! I have enjoyed working with him so much for the last 22 months. He has taught me so much. When I stressed out before a big event, he would bring me back down to reality and tell me everything will work out fine. And it always did. Our presidency's had some good laughs in our monthly meetings. I will miss his quotes of the day, his willingness to do any job that needed to be done or have Kayla do anything...haha. His assistant at work is named Kayla and she was a great help! I'm not sure who will make sure the chairs are set up straight at youth conference and who will bring the water??

One more change... my high counselor Dix Jarman got sustained as the new YM president in the Monte Cristo ward today... I am SO SAD! I have loved working with Dix. He was such a great support to me and my presidency. When I got my calling I knew I would be working with him, so I knew everything would be ok. I knew he would support me and help me with whatever I needed and he did. Not every man would stir port-a-potties at girls camp and run up and down the mountain everyday with a list of things to bring back for all the ladies. He never complained, he always had a smile on his face. He will always be known at camp as the pink port a potty man and the guy who had a bag of candy to share. JK. The girls will remember him for his strong testimony and his willingness to serve them.

Thanks Dix & Derrick! Love you guys! (I told President Worthen that he better get some good replacements or I will be bugging him all the time!)

3 comments:

suzanne said...

i feel the same way. changes are usually bitter-sweet for me. we are so lucky to be in a stake FULL of AWESOME priesthood. i'm excited for our new bishiopric, they are so great.

email and phone numbers said...

i never really realized that you had THE TWO MOST over-the-top, energetic men i know to work with! i can TOTALLY relate the lining up the chairs perfectly...you should see our shopping cart at the grocery store ;). thanks for your thoughts on the new bishopbric...pray for us!

Toby and Tammy said...

Lots of changes!

The scrapbook program is called Memory Mixers. It's pretty good and I like that I can download lots of stuff from the internet and then use it in the program.