Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Spring Break...

We had a great time at the beach last week. We were able to spend a few days with 3 of Johns sisters and his mom. Debbie came from the bay area with her two boys (we missed you Steve!) and Cathi came from Mesa with her hubby and their 4 boys and a friend (we missed Candace & Richard) and Edie came from Hisperia with her hubby and 3 kids under the age of 3! and Grandma came from Idaho Falls. We had a very full house! But it was a blast. The kids got along great, it was so fun to see them having a good time with their cousins. We just wish Annette and Barbara could have made it with their families. 

Here are some highlights from the trip in no particular order... I'm not in the mood to sort them out... i'm not a master of posting pictures yet... they always come up in a weird order...

grandkids trying to make a pyramid...


Mitch bought some new shorts...

When there are kites, there is kite string to be untangled! Mitchell gave it a shot. (I seriously spent HOURS trying to untangle this mess... not sure why i didn't just run to costco to buy a new kite! it became like a puzzle to me and i couldn't put it down.... 
I finally got out the scissors)

Max was covered in sand! But had a great time!

Luke with his 2 little boys... I love this shot.
the kites...

Tanner and Kade flying the kites... (a funny side note... the people next door were having a big fancy party in the backyard and one of the kites went flying down in the middle of it... oops.)

We tried for a long time to get a jumping picture... this was the best one....

Cute daddy / daughter photo...

Not sure why i agreed to bringing guitar hero... i am not a big fan... 
but it kept the teenagers busy when it was cold outside.

We took some family pics...

dying easter eggs!

John always builds the biggest castle on the beach...

It was cold... but it didn't keep us out of the water... once you got numb it wasn't so bad! Notice i am the only girl that got in that day... i think ashley got in the first day with me...

Silly kids...

Ashley singing away!

Ashley and Aunt Debbie

Ashley and Cienna... she held her constantly.

The Anderson's

The Cenatiempo's
I missed getting a picture of Debbie and her boys and I haven't gotten the big group picture yet...

I love the ocean!! I have a whole blog post in my head about why i love it... but I will write it another day...

6 comments:

Janae' said...

Way fun! I love big family gatherings. Love them!

Edie and Luke said...

You got some good pics! I would love a CD of your pics too! I am going to post some on our blog- but I already put some on facebook. I do love the one with Luke and the boys! SOOOOOOOO CUTE! We had so much fun and love you guys so much! Family times are some of the very best!

Sarchet Family said...

I love the pictures! So fun! Can't wait to see my sisters soon! Too bad there is no Ocean in Utah!

Grama Linda said...

The beach is the best! It looks like you guys had a blast...great pics!

susan bunker said...

looks like fun! glad you get in the COLD water. that. is. impressive.

email and phone numbers said...

love the beach too...any beach! & the best way to spend time on a beach is with fam & friends.