Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Day 4

Day 4 was a little stressful, but in the end, it was a fun day. Some of my siblings had never been to Zion National park, so we headed south for the day. We figured that people come from all over the world to see this place, so we could drive an hour. But one of my sister in laws isn't a big fan of traveling far to see beautiful scenery... and i made the mistake of guessing that it might be an hour away... turns out it was about an hour and 1/2... so she was grumpy for a while and we planned to eat lunch in Hurricane and I didn't know there were 2 Hurricane exits... who would have thought?? So, we were coming from the north and we usually go there from the south, so we took a different exit and there were no fast food restaurants along the way to zion.... and my brother David who has a lead foot, was leading the caravan of cars didn't have his phone ringer on... so, by the time we got into the park, kids were starving, adults were starving and stressed because it was 100 degrees and most of the family is from washington where they don't know what HOT is and they were miserable... I was feeling major stress because I was sort of in charge, because no one else had been there. I am now rambling... I don't have any photo's to post because I got a phone call when I was unloading the car and I forgot to grab my camera! And I forgot to grab my annual park pass! Luckily my parents had 2 national park passes and they let ALL of us in with their pass! YAH! I offered to keep my brother Todd's 4 kids for the rest of the cabin time, because he had to go home to work, so I had 4 extra heads to count... that added a little more stress...

By the time we got lunch at the lodge everyone was a little happier... then we took the shuttle to the riverside walk and we headed straight to the water and everyone got in and cooled off! So, from that point on, we had fun! We explored up the river and the boys found a big rock to jump off! Good times! I will get pictures from my dad and post them later....

4 comments:

The Lords said...

Oh Allison----I could feel your stress!!! I am glad that in the end it was a great day!

suzanne said...

oh, that sounds stressful. there's not much that can ruin family time like hungry, grumpy people.

i'm sure your positive attitude helped though! :)

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

Sounds like a typical family vacation to me. Do you mean to tell me that a large group of people can go somewhere and there would not be stress involved?

Ang and Shawn said...

Not going to lie. . . I'm not sad I missed out on the crazy zion's day, but I am sad I am missing out on the rest of the fun.