Thursday, January 14, 2010

I am still alive...

after eating only this for the last 10 days!


after eating only this for the last 10 days!

A week ago Tuesday I saw my neighbor out front and she had just started The Master Cleanse Diet and I told her that I was pondering what diet I was going to start and she told me I should give this a try... so without any mental preparation, I borrowed her book and started reading and drinking away. It is a cleansing diet that you do for 10 or more days... It is suppose to clean out your colon and rid your body of toxins.

All you drink is 8 oz water, 2 tbs pure maple syrup, 2 tbs fresh squeezed lemon juice and 1/10 tsp of cayenne pepper. You can have as many of those a day as you need, at least 8. And you take a laxative or drink a salt water mixture to make you go to the bathroom... It was probably one of the hardest things I have ever done! It was very hard mentally! I learned a lot about myself through the process... I learned that I eat mostly because i am bored or need something to do with my hands, I can live on a lot less than I normally eat, I have more will power than I thought, I craved oatmeal of all things and I can do hard things!

So, was it worth it?? yes. Was I hungry?? Only when my family was cooking meals. They had the nerve to make bacon like 4 times! that was hard! I miss food and I am excited to start eating again. I have to ease into it with juice and soups...

Now I just have to keep it off and get 40 more pounds off!! It should be a fun year! haha...

5 comments:

JENNIE! said...

I did that once, and as hard as it was, it really made me think clearer. It's not an easy thing to do... really not. So I definitely can say CONGRATULATIONS! YOU HAVE SOME MAJOR WILLPOWER!

Angeleah Bertoldo said...

you go! thats awesome.

Lisa and Bill said...

That takes some serious willpower & you did it!! Yeah!

Elizabeth said...

Way to go! You made it! You give me hope!

Carrie said...

Allison, I admire you so much. Keep up the good work. You are a great example! You can do it!