Sunday, April 18, 2010

listening...

I am sitting at my mother in laws computer listening to John, Tanner and Grandma play the game "up-words". It is her favorite game and she is playing with her favorite son... happiness is. She reminded him that she has the instructions in the box in case he tries to cheat like last time... haha. John won when they played at our house, but she claims he cheated... that won't happen this time! Grandma isn't feeling well. We just found out last week that she has stage 4 pancreatic cancer. Big bummer. We decided we better come visit her while she is still feeling pretty good. The boys were happy to miss a few days of school : )

We were shocked when we walked in last night and saw her. We had just seen her at our house in January and she has changed quite a bit since then. So sad. We are grateful for the Plan of Salvation! What peace and comfort that brings to us at times like this. I am sure Grandpa Barnes is anxiously waiting for for! But we're not sure we are ready for her to join him...

I am so behind on my blogging... I need to write about out recent company, youth conference and Mitchell's volleyball, Ashley coming home... it will have to wait. All my pictures are on my home computer...

The game is getting intense... they just got the dictionary out! My brother Mark and his family are on their way up to see us... they only live 40 minutes from here. I love both sides of my family!!

6 comments:

Ang and Shawn said...

So sorry to hear about John's mom. That must be really hard for him. I bet she enjoys you guys being there with her.

Carrie said...

So sorry about your sad news. My prayers will be with you and your family at this difficult time. I am glad you are able to go visit and enjoy her now. Take care!

Karen Mortensen said...

Hi, I'm Karen from Ca. Connie used to be in my ward in Concord. She just wrote me a note and told me about this. I am so sorry to hear about that. She has been a good friend to me. Please tell her hello for me and that a letter I owe her is coming.

Edie and Luke said...

Glad you guys are there! I wish I could've been there with you guys! I love you!

Kevin said...

We're thinking of you guys. Sorry to hear this.

Kevin said...

Sorry. I keep forgetting to change to my account, so comments from Kevin are really from me :)
~Erin Camp