Monday, April 5, 2010

Spring Break 2010

We had a great spring break last week. On Saturday we went up to a friends cabin in Brian Head, UT. The snow was so deep! It was amazing! We went sledding, played in the snow and just relaxed! The satellite was broken and was secretly happy about that. No nickelodeon, espn... just quiet. We did watch a few movies... that was fun.

When the ski slopes closed at 4:30 we went sledding down the ski hill. Each time we went a little further... but what you go down, you must walk up... that is until we got smart. We went all the way down to the chair lift and the thought of walking all the way back made me very tired. So, I suggested that John and Mitch go back and get both cars and come pick up Tanner and I and leave one car at the bottom. SO the next time we went down, we drove up. It was a BLAST! The end of the hill is really steep. I screamed the whole way down dragging my feet to slow me down. We all laughed so hard we were crying. It was great. The only bad part, is that Ashley wasn't there!
Tanner headed down...

Mitchell passing me...

John cruising...

We went farther than you can see in the picture! The boys are hiking back up...
we definitely got our exercise!


On Monday we went skiing and snowboarding. We had hoped to get Tanner into a snowboarding class, but they were all full. So, we rented him a snow board and Mitch tried to teach him. But it didn't go so well. So, after an hour and lots of tears, I took him back in and traded the snowboard for ski's. We only had a few tears and after the second run, he was a pro. He didn't want to learn to turn, just stop. So, he snowplowed straight down every run. But he was happy and that is all that mattered. We will work on technique next time : )
Here is Mitchell snowboarding... he did great for only his 2nd time.

John and I on the chair... the sun was shinning and it wasn't crowded. It was wonderful... we had learned one hard lesson... don't use 7 year old sunscreen. We got SO sunburned. John had a bottle in his suitcase and I said it would still be good... but we got fried. oops... we did a little research and everything says to get new sunscreen every year. Time to clean out the closet.

Yes, that is the roof!

John and Tanner wrestling as Mitchell slept...


I attempted a puzzle... that is as far as I got...

Tanner and Mitch played a lot of pool...


On Tuesday John headed back home and the boys and I headed North. We stayed with my parents in Lehi. We had fun hanging with Ashley, cousins and Grandma and Grandpa. Tanner got very sick on Wednesday. He got the stomach flu. No fun! Poor little guy.

I got to go to the YW open house training in Salt Lake. It was amazing!
I feel motivated to get through this busy YW season!

Thursday we went up to Uncle Todd's house. It's always fun hanging with them. The kids are so cute!!! Angela and Shawn joined us! So fun to see them.
The girls LOVE their cousin Ashley! And Ashley LOVES them. Last time we were there, Ashley took the girls to the store and bought them a treat, so cute little Charity came and asked me for the keys and some money... i asked her why and she said so the girls could go bond!
So cute!

Charity is taking a clogging class... she was showing us some moves!

Mitchell jamming...

Grandpa teaching Grandma how to use her new camera.

Ashley playing with little Justin.
We wish we'd had more time to visit more friends... next time. I can't believe the semester is almost over... Ashley will be home in less than 3 weeks. We are so excited! I miss my little girl.

No comments: