Tuesday, January 11, 2011

so sad...

I am so sad for one of my Laurels from when I was YW president back in Spokane. Her name is Jenny and she is married and has 5 beautiful children. One of her babies died from SIDS a few days before Christmas. I am so sad for her. She and her husband live in Seattle while he is in dental school. They have had so many trials for such a young couple. Her husband had cancer the first few years of their marriage and the survived that. Then they were able to adopt 3 beautiful kids and surprisingly have 2 of their own. I can't imagine loosing one of my kids! She has amazing strength and I have been inspired as I read her blog. You can read it by clicking here or click on the Nygard family button on the side.

Her family was one of our favorites! They lived up the street and her parents had 10 kids, one of which died at birth. I think i loved them so much because they had 9 kids and so did my family, so i loved to watch them and remember my growing up. Her parents are rock solid and we learned so much from them. Kathy was camp director for many years and she is a super woman. She can do anything! I learned to make caramels from her. We were invited to their home on Christmas eve every year along with several other families in the ward that didn't have family nearby. I love the Wilson's and I am praying for them right now. We are so lucky to have the knowledge of the gospel to know that they will be with sweet Andrew again some day!

1 comment:

ibshell said...

Oh Allison! Thank you SO MUCH for sharing this! I will keep them in my prayers. I was thinking of the Wilsons so strongly this last Christmas Eve and how we used to spend it with them. We have fond memories. What a dear family.
XoXo!