Monday, February 14, 2011

I LOVE my Valentine!

I have the best valentine in the world! I am so lucky! I woke up and found 11 notes scattered around the house with chocolates on them. Each note was like a whole page explaining one thing he loved about me. He is so thoughtful and romantic!


We had a great day. John's boss took the guys and their wives out for lunch. We went to Brio at Town Square. It was delicious! And it's always so fun to get together with the office wives! (and guys!)

We decided to stay home and make a nice romantic dinner here. John bought some fillet mignon and we made a nice salad and yummy sweet potato fries! We paid the kids money to go out to Chili's so we could have a nice romantic dinner. It was great! We didn't have to deal with a crowded restaurant. (Tanner arranged the candles in a heart! )



I found this recipe online for lava cake... it was so good!!!! I wish i would have taken a picture of the chocolate gooying out of it! yum!!

I will never forget our first valentines day together! We had only been dating a few weeks and John's roommate and fiance were driving to San Francisco for something so John and I hitched a ride. John's parents were living in the bay area at the time and we stayed with them for the weekend. It was so fun! We played lots of games with the fam! I got to know Debbie and Edie and just loved them! They were still in high school or ( jr. high??) and so cute! I got lucky with great sister in laws! I knew from that very first valentines day that i had found the perfect valentine!! I love him!!! (this pic is from that trip! look how young we are!!)

2 comments:

Grama Linda said...

I love this post. You two were so young!!! Love the pic!
And I'm thinking I definitely need to try that lava cake!

Tammy said...

What a fun Valentine's. John sure is a romantic! I love it.

I bet you could use homemade frosting for the cookies. Just play around with heating it up. I used a bottle with a tiny spout on the end. Found them at Wal Mart in the cake section. It was Wilton brand and used for Candy Making.

Take photos so we can see how they turn out!