Thursday, June 9, 2011

Temp Work

While I was in Seattle a few weeks ago I ran into an old friend of my family (I think she was my Merry Miss teacher)... we got to talking and she comes to Vegas a few times a year to set up a showroom at the World Market Center downtown. She asked if I would ever want to come help her and make some extra money... with a wedding coming up, I jumped on it. So, I have been working the last 2 weeks down there. I have a new appreciation for working moms. How do you do it?? The first day I came home SO tired! My feet hurt, my back hurt and my head hurt. I was a wimp. And I did not want to make dinner, help with homework, go to church meetings or anything else that was on my list. It has gotten better... not so tired. It's been fun to learn the ins and outs of those buildings and what goes on down there. There is a big show in August and we are taking old product out of the showroom and bringing in the new stuff. Everything has to be crossed of lists, numbered, bubble wrapped and boxed up. I think we boxed about 50 boxes of product that they will ship back to headquarters. I guess they used to have sample sales and then they got bought by another company and that company makes them ship it back. It's so stupid.

Anyway... this is the company...



They have home decor and lots of Christmas lines. We took down about 6 trees FULL of ornaments and boxed them up!I wish I could have bought some of it! So cute! Click here and you can see their website... I have met some nice ladies that I work with and it's fun, low stress work. I guess it gets stressful the week before the show...

I can work as much or as little as I want... I will see how summer goes and how much I need to be home with the boys. Tanner gets pretty bored, I need to find him some projects. I came home today and the photo booth on the computer was open and I got to see what Tanner did while I was away today... take a look at his boredom! (I may need to go in early so I can get home before noon when he should be waking up... so he doesn't injure himself with staples!)



He even made a little video...





Silly boy!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

That's awesome, Allison. I know, even part time work is exhausting, right? I can't wait to see what Tanner does when he grows up. He is hilarious! :)

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

I know what you mean about how tired you get. It is hard because I end up spending some of the take home on eating out. It is a hard balance. But you are right it is mostly low stress. Although last January we worked 86 hours the week before the show. It was beyond crazy and I have vowed to not let that happen again. But still it is nice that it is so flexible. Glad it worked out for you.

Anonymous said...

i swear on my life i am never taking pictures or videos on photo both any more...