Saturday, September 10, 2011

What I know for sure day 3



What I know for sure: "Enjoy the moment" is true!


This quote hit me really hard the other day. I was driving home from watching Afton & Jack and they were really sick and I began thinking about these days:

crying babies, poopy diapers, no sleep and having to entertain the kids. I'm not sure I enjoyed the moment enough back then. I let myself get stressed out and I would long for the days that they would be old enough to do their own things. No diapers, no car seats, no teething babies, no ear infections and all those things.

Now that my kids are at this stage:


I long for the good old days when they were little and depended on me for everything. I wish I could still control where they go, who they play with and what time they come home.

So, as I was on this drive home the saying "enjoy the moment" came to my mind and I realized that's what I needed to do! I need to stop crying that my kids are getting too old and just enjoy them at this stage! They are really fun right now, they make me laugh and make me so happy and I love them so much!

3 comments:

Ang and Shawn said...

So cute.
You should tell my mom this story. She is a mess.

Grama Linda said...

So true! I needed to hear this today. Far too often I reminisce about the "old days" wishing I could go back and re-do some of them... and instead I just need to embrace, enjoy and love every day at the stage we're at!!!
You're the best!!

Kathy's Boys said...

ME TOO!! to all of this!