Sunday, September 9, 2012

I hope they call me on a mission!

I've been trying to prepare my boy for this event his entire life! I can't believe it is finally here! Mitchell got his mission call on Thursday! He is going to the Mexico Culiancán Mission. He will serve for 2 years and only be able to call home on Christmas and Mothers Day. How will I survive?? I suppose I will!  I know I will love my weekly emails!!

Mission calls usually arrive in Las Vegas on Thursdays and since there was a holiday that week I thought it would come Friday. But it came Thursday!! It took all my willpower to leave it in the mailbox and not open it!

I mixed it in with the junk mail!

It's here!!! So excited!!
 We hurried and called Scott and Jenn and invited them over and a few of Mitchell's friends... I ordered pizza because I couldn't cook. I was too nervous! Tested out the skype to make sure we could skype with Ashley and Grandma and Grandpa. 

Michelle brought jack his own bunt cake for his birthday! He wouldn't let go of it and could hardly eat his pizza because he wanted it so bad! So cute! And she brought Afton this really cute cardboard princess village! The kids were so excited!!


We got Mitchell's favorite pizza, Manhattan pizza. We got the huge colossal one. As big as Afton!

Michelle adding her guess to the list!

It's time!! We had camera's, video camera's and skype calls going! 

(Jenn  made the cute sign for Jack's birthday party!)



Culiacán Mexico!!! He reports to the MTC January 9th, 2013
So happy!!
 I was really expecting state side, so when he said Mexico I pictured New Mexico! It took me a minute to process it! 
His call letter!

We got the globe out to see where exactly it was! Michelle's mom Alma helped him find it! 

Big smiles!!

The map of the mission. It's the greyed out section! Over on the Baja peninsula side and the mainland side. It should be beautiful! It covers a lot of the coast! A lot of tourist towns, Cabo & Mazatlan...





We are so proud of Mitchell for making this decision! It's what we have always wanted for him and we know he will be blessed for his service! He will be a great missionary! I can't wait for him to start teaching the gospel! 

I can't believe he is old enough for this already!! I know I keep saying this! But really, how did this happen?? 

3 comments:

Ang and Shawn said...

Shawn and I are so excited for Mitch! What a cool place to serve!

suzanne said...

very cool!!!

Sarchet Family said...

Wow! We are so proud of Mitchell! What a great adventure he will have. Yeah! He will be a great representative for the Lord. Good job! Viva Mexico!