Wednesday, October 10, 2007

finally finished.....


I have been away for a week because I was deep into a book. Actually, one book led to the sequel (New Moon), so 2 books. Sharolyn was talking about how wonderful "Twilight" was when I was in Utah this summer, so I bought while I was there and finally picked it up a couple of weeks ago and was reading it to Tanner at bed time and that was going to slow, so I read on my own last week and couldn't put it down. So needless to say, my children, husband, house and calling have been deprived for the last week and a half. I won't let myself buy the 3rd one till my life is caught up...but really, do you ever get caught up?? Maybe when laundry is caught up! : ) If you have a few days to kill, pick this one up. I haven't let myself get into a good book for a while, it was a nice change. But I have a lot of guilt now! I have a big Stake Leadership training tomorrow night that I am not prepared for...so why am I blogging?? Because, I am a good procrastinator. I still have a hard time believing that I have the calling I do, and wonder why I am in charge and not someone else. I must say that my counselors are amazing ladies and support me so much. I love them! The Lord knew what he was doing when I was praying for good counselors, we are all so different and bring a different perspective to the presidency and we all work so well together because of our differences. Well, I better work on what I am going to say at the training meeting!

3 comments:

susan bunker said...

I think everyone gets ocd about these books. There are a lot of pages to read, but you need to know how it ends, right:) I must say I am a little sad I don't have it to keep me entertained anymore! I look forward to leadership meeting. You will be great!

Anonymous said...

glad to have you back. I missed you. You're still hot!

Love
John

The Lords said...

I just finished 'twilight' and quickly bought 'new moon'. I have only read a couple of chapters and like you, I wasn't going to read until I got the ironing finished and the house somewhat picked up. Good enough - I am ready to start reading!!!!