Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Ellen!


Ashley and I LOVE watching Ellen everyday. It's a pretty funny show. 2 years ago I was able to get some tickets to a taping of Ellen and I gave them to Ashley for Christmas, but the show date ended up being during finals, so she wasn't able to go. I went with my good friends Keri and Susan. We had a blast, but I felt guilty the whole time that we were using Ashley's present. So I was so excited that I was able to get tickets again. This time I made sure the date was a day there wasn't school. So, Ashley invited her good friend Kami to come with us and we drove down Monday morning to Burbank, CA.

We found our way to NBC studios and got our passes and then stood in line for 2 hours. While we were in line they asked us to fill out a survey and then came around and asked us questions. they were looking for people who would play an audience game. They called my name 2 times and asked me lots of questions. We really thought that I might get called up to play a game, but I didn't. Bummer! I was actually relieved, the game (celebrity couples) wasn't one of my specialties, so I would have made a fool of myself!

One bummer about the show was that there is a writers strike going on down in Hollywood, so a lot of actors won't cross the picket lines.... so when we got there we aked who was going to be on the show and they didn't know??? That surprised us! So, they played an audience game and a few other things. The main guest that will be shown on the show is Celine Dion, but they filmed her last week!! Big bummer. We were sad that we didn't get to see a big celebrity and no audience prizes... but the main reason we went was to see Ellen and she was great. We sat right behind "Striker" the DJ. Ashley and Kami talked to him during the break and he gave them a hug after the show!! They were so excited. When you see Ellen come in at the very beginning of the show, she pauses and makes a funny face, that is because she was laughing at Ashley. Ashley was screaming and jumping up and down when she walked in and she saw Ashley and paused for a second and gave her a funny look! they totally made eye contact, it was cool! So, look for us in the audience. We are on the far right hand side. We were in this little section that only had 4 chairs. I have no idea if you will be able to see us... but it's worth watching.

After the show we drove up to Hisperia and stayed the night with Edie and Luke and cute little Carter (John's sister). We played a fun game of Phase 10 and stayed up way too late! I still can't believe Edie came from behind and won! She wasn't even cheating like the girls were! Thanks for having us! We got up and left this morning. We stopped in Primm to shop at the outlets for a little while and Ashley is exstatic that there is a new Hollister outlet there. They had some amazing prices.... Just in time for Christmas shopping!

No comments: