Monday, March 17, 2008

Spring Break!




I'm in Utah... The boys and I drove up to Utah on Friday afternoon. We are staying with my sister Cindy and we are having a great time. Saturday I got to go with Cindy to their Stake Relief Society conference. It was great. Then My parents came down from Salt Lake and we went to the dollar theatre. We saw Enchanted and the older boys saw I am Legend. Enchanted is such cute movie! We wish we had dollar theaters in Vegas!! Only in Utah...

Sunday morning we got up VERY early and drove up to Salt Lake to go to my parents ward. church starts at 7:30am... so we got up at 5:45 to leave at 6:30 and this is all Utah time, so it was an hour earlier for us! yuck... but worth it! They meet in the Joseph Smith Building with all the Temple Square missionaries. It was pretty amazing. There were about 200 sister missionaries from all over the world and 100 senior couples. It was an amazing sight and the spirit was very strong. I can see why my parents are loving their mission so much! It is always fun to hear them talk about all the sisters, they love them so much! All the asian sisters sang "I am a child of God", a verse in Korean, Japanese and Chinese then the first verse again in english. It was so sweet. After the meeting we walked over to the tabernacle and watched the "Spoken Word". It was great. The boys weren't real excited about it, but I enjoyed it.

Then last night Todd and his family came over and so did Katherine and the kids. It was fun to visit with the family! We are sad that John and Ashley couldn't make it with us! The kids had fun together.

We are off shopping today and then up to Heber to see Todd's family and play in the snow! Tanner is dyeing to play in the snow. happy spring break!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your time with your family. It looks kind of cold up there! If you get a chance, stop by on your way home, i would love to see you.
Judy

Toby and Tammy said...

What a fun break! I love spending time in Utah with fam and going to Temple Square. How fun to see your parents.