Thursday, May 8, 2008

My "rocker" boy! (updated)



Mitchell has played the electric bass in jazz band for the last 3 years. He loves it and he has gotten really good! We are so lucky that we have the best band teacher in the state of Nevada at our Junior high! He truly is amazing. I won't go on about the teacher because i want to talk about Mitchell! Lucky for us, the jazz band has like 6 concerts this spring! I'm not being sarcastic... i really do enjoy going to his concerts. His teacher says that Mitchell is very talented and if he continued on playing through high school he could possibly get a college scholarship... but for some reason Mitch thinks that the band program at the high school stinks, so he doesn't want to play there! So we are trying to convince him otherwise, because a scholarship would sure be nice!!

edited: I figured out how to post the video. I think the file was too big, so I uploaded it to Youtube and linked it to this page! You can hear the bass in this song the best. I was sitting down and couldn't move my camera around very well... I will try to take better video at Wednesday nights concert!  enjoy...

Keep playing Mitchell, you are awesome!!

All I want for Mothers day is for him to get a hair cut!! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sad I have not seen Mitchell play yet. When you get the clips loaded be sure to let me know. I think that it is great that he has found something this early in life that he likes to do and is good at.

I am thinking of starting a blog for me. That way it can be like journaling.