Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Fathers Day...


Happy fathers day to all the wonderful fathers out there! Especially mine! I love my daddy so much! Here are a few things I love most about my dad:

1. He's got a great sense of humor.
2. His unconditional love for me and all of my brothers and sisters.
3. His patience.
4. His love for the outdoors. If my dad woke up on a Saturday morning and the sun was shining (remember I am from Seattle and that is a rarity) he would wake us up early and we would head to the mountains or down to Cannon Beach. I have great memories of those days! Every-time I see a river or stream I think of our drives in the mountains where we would just pull over and go play in the water!
5. His love for my mom!
6. His example of service by serving a full-time mission with my mom right now.
7. Teaching me to enjoy watching a football game. When I was in High School none of my brothers that were home at the time really cared about football. So, I would take advantage of some one on one daddy daughter time and watch the Seahawks games with him every Sunday. I have fond memories of going to Huskies games and Seahawks games with him. I think the love of football that he taught me helped me find a great husband. John and I watched the Superbowl together on our 2nd date... he was impressed with my knowledge of the game...I scored big points with him!
8. His love for my kids and husband.
9. His love for the gospel and our Heavenly Father.
10. He is always happy to see me!

I love you DAD!! Thanks for being the best dad ever!

I can't write about Fathers day and not write about the Father of my children! John is such a great dad. He loves each one of our kids so much. When the kids were babies he would hardly ever let anyone hold them. Especially after Ashley was born. We would be at family gatherings and he wouldn't let go of her! It was pretty funny. It didn't make my grandma very happy.

He loves to play games with the kids. Every Sunday he tries to get the kids to play board games with him. Tanner is getting pretty good at checkers thanks to John.

Thanks for being such a great husband and father!!!! Your father would be proud of you.

1 comment:

Kathy's Boys said...

I really want to get over there and see that. Besides,
I love the AZ Temple. I still think of it as "my Temple"
back from when I was a little girl.