Monday, June 16, 2008

Week in review...

A bunch of things happened last week that I never blogged. First of all, Ashley got a new job! She is working at a local little restaurant called Farm Basket. The teenagers love to eat there! fried chicken strips and french fries! nothing healthy on the menu... hopefully she won't eat too much! she and I spent all day Monday down at the health department getting her a health card. I walked away a little nervous about eating out.... to get the card, you pay 50 dollars, they make sure your shots are up to date and then you watch this hour long movie on food safety. They hand you a test on the way in and then at the end of the movie, they hand you a card. They never collected the tests!!! So, basically, you could have slept through the movie and now you are ready to serve food! Scary!

Tuesday night I spent a few hours with Mitchell at the medical center because he fell at soccer and he was sure that his wrist was broken. Luckily it wasn't broken... the doctor called it a "buckle" and gave him a little brace to wear for a few days. Here is my dilemma... it wasn't broken, but the Dr. referred me to an orthopedic Dr.... I don't see the need to go if he is going to tell me to have him be careful?? Should I go or not?

Saturday John, Tanner and I went to Zion National park and hiked the narrows. We hiked for about 4 hours. I'm not sure how many miles we went... It was so pretty!! Ashley had to work and Mitchell didn't really want to go, so we didn't make him. Although I think he would have enjoyed it. Tanner wanted to come and he was a trooper! More than half of the hike was through a little river. It was so fun. You would get a little hot, and then there was a section of water! It was great. Tanner floated down the river on the way back!










6 comments:

suzanne said...

isn't the health department fun. at least she doesn't have to get a sheriff's card too... nothing beats going down town to be finger printed with crazies. :)

Janae' said...

I think it is so cool you went and hiked the narrows. I myself think I will hike on down to Farm Basket and order some clucketos and a gobbler sandwich...and oh those nummy salty fries. But it's okay....I hiked down...burning those calories. Okay fine...I drove down and back....but boy was it nummy!!
jlr

susan bunker said...

how is the job going? i missed seeing ashley tonight!

the narrows? i'm jealous! looks like it was fun!!! maybe i'll have to try! my jon is a die hard though. if he isn't dead when he is finished, it wasn't a good enough hike. maybe me and hailey? :).

Lisa and Bill said...

Hi Allison! I ran across your blog & thought I'd give you a shout out! How fun going hiking with your family. My family & I started hiking very easy hikes I must add but getting active nonetheless. I am so envious of all the fun time you get to spend with the YW. I loved the time I spent with the girls. You are doing an amazing job & I know you will have a blast at camp this year. I ran into Tiffany & she told me about her calling! Awesome choice! Take care! Lisa Mead

Kathy's Boys said...

That looks like a lot of fun. I've always wanted to do
that. I think my older boys all did it with the YM. We need to get out and do things like that more often.
Too much time at the gym. (Basketball games, not working out, which we should be doing!)

Debbie said...

Alison - it was so great to hear your voice on the video! I was hoping you would laugh so I could hear that unmistakable, unique Alison laugh! A fun day!