Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Bad Dream?

I woke up to a phone call this morning and thought I was having a bad dream. Remember a few months ago I got woken up by a lady calling and telling me that she hit my husband while he was on a bike ride... well it happened again today. yes I am serious! This time it was John calling and he said he was fine, but could I come pick him up because his bike was broken...again. He was riding up Sahara, just past Hualuapi and a lady stopped at the end of her street and proceeded to turn left onto Sahara without looking to the left.... she hit the back tire of John's bike and sent him into the next lane. Luckily there were no cars coming. He has a little scrape on his arm is all, but his back tire is messed up. Of course I forgot my camera again! I pulled up to see 3 motorcycle police there and a helicopter flying above. I guess there wasn't much going on in Vegas this morning. John said I missed the 2 ambulances and one fire truck! Someone driving by must have called 911. The poor lady felt so bad. It was clearly her fault and she was so sorry.

I think I am going to get him a flashing neon light to put on his bike! he was wearing a bright red shirt, not sure how she didn't see him. Poor John... when i picked him up he said "aerobic exercise is overrated!" He has always been a weight lifter and has never been much into aerobic stuff... I guess he might need to join the gym and go to a spin class instead of outdoor riding!

5 comments:

suzanne said...

yeah, i'm not a big fan of husbands riding bikes either... i'm glad he wasn't hurt.

susan bunker said...

i can't believe it happened AGAIN? i think if i was him, i'd get off the city streets! poor guy. glad he is OK!

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

Oh my goodness. What about the camera on your phone? Too bad about the missed photo opp. What is a blogger to do?

Glad he is Ok. I think we might try to come to the game on Monday afternoon, if we don't go to Utah.

Carrie said...

Wow, driving in Las Vegas is scary, let alone biking!!! Makes me nervous. People really don't look for bikes. I think the neon light might be a good idea. Poor John, and poor you... that would be scary.

email and phone numbers said...

husbands on bikes in this town is caaaraaazy! i worry every morning! glad everything turned out ok but it's always refreshing to see our tax dollars at work with the "excessive police presence" at the scene of the accident! its good to know they really care!