Wednesday, October 22, 2008

depressing...

So, I REALLY hate going to the doctor... any kind of doctor... not sure why. I just don't like to be weighed, poked and all those fun things women have to go through. When I am sick, I have to be really dyeing to go. And those yearly exams are usually between 1 1/2-2 years. But since my mom is recovering from breast cancer, I know my chances of getting it are higher and I need to be better about going. I have been procrastinating going this time because I knew they would weigh me and I am 20lbs heavier than last time I was there. And last time I was there they were so proud of me because I was 50lbs lighter than the year before... So in my mind I have been telling myself I would go as soon as I lost the 20 because who wants them to notice the gain. Even though the weight hasn't been falling off like I would like, I finally went on Tuesday. Keri has been my little coach telling me I need to go. Thanks Keri! I needed a push.

Well, here is how it gets depressing. It happened just how I imagined, the Doctor walks in staring at the chart and the first thing she says is, "I see that last time you were here you said you were on Weight Watchers maintenance" and then she looked at me like WHAT HAPPENED? Seriously, she didn't have to say the words. I just wanted to cry. If she only knew how hard it is to keep it off. Way harder than loosing it. Not that loosing wasn't hard, it was. But for some reason your brain has a hard time on maintenance, it thinks you can go back to your old habits. crazy how the brain works. I am trying to get it off. I've been going to my WW meetings and trying to get motivated. I work out like 5-6 times a week.

Maybe I need to set some goals on my blog. I know all my blog friends would cheer me on, right? How about every Saturday after my meeting I have to let you all know how i did. Maybe being accountable to all of you will help. I am headed up to Spokane in a few weeks and I would love to be down 5-10 pounds. I think 5 is a pretty realistic goal. Ok, its set. If you don't hear from me each week, be sure to nag me! Thanks!

7 comments:

suzanne said...

i think that the weighing in part should be optional at the doctors office. i think more of us would go regularly if it were.

good luck with your goal.

Lisa said...

I am 100% behind you. It is always nice to know that there are other people around that have your back and are cheering you on. I am getting back in the gym myself so we can help each-other.

Looking forward to hearing your results.

Thanks for all your inspiration,

Lisa P

Anonymous said...

Baby, you look awesome to me no matter what. You are one hot woman!

Love you,

John

The Lords said...

You are beautiful on the inside and the outside. Stupid doctor! Can I start coming to your WW meetings with you? I could use a little motivation and accountability myself. I am very proud of you for going to the doctor. Have you called Stienberg?? Love ya!

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

Who cares how much you weigh? If you are working out 5-6 times a week you have to be in good shape, that is the most important thing. What about that, stupid doctor? I say you should not be so hard on yourself and just focus on being in good shape and taking care of your heart. But I only went to the gym once this week, so what do I know.

Carrie said...

Don't worry about it for a minute, you look great! I was up in weight this year, too. Maintenance is harder because it is for the rest of your life. I agree with Pat, if you are in good shape and working out that much, that is the most important thing. Keep smiling! :)

Carrie said...

P.S. Remember, too, muscle weighs more than fat!!!!!! :)