Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Give yourself a present....



My wonderful friend Stacy Julian gave me a challenge a few weeks ago and I must admit that I forgot about it until last night... so, I sort of missed out on most of the fun. But, I still did it and enjoyed it very much. Here's what she sent me:

 

Be Here Now.
As Scrapbookers we spend so much time creating in the past and anticipating the future that we sometimes forget to live in the present. Your life is unfolding everyday, hour-by-hour and you have the opportunity to live and be happy. Let’s bring the scrapbooking world together in a fun and potentially perspective-shifting challenge to be more aware, more grateful and more engaged with this thing we call life.

You have everything you need right now to be vibrant and fully engaged in the creative process. Join me and dozens of other scrapbookers in a challenge to “Give Yourself a Present”
• Snap ten photos of your life right now.
• Compile these photos in a really small mini-album
• Keep or carry this album with you (in your desk drawer or purse) for one year.
• Promise to glance through the album every time you stumble upon it or pull it from your purse.
• On October 1st, 2009, create a scrapbook page about your experience. Don’t worry, I’ll blog and help you remember!


Since I forgot about it, most of my pictures are ones that I found in my iPhoto library or online that represent my life right now. I think I might cary my camera with me this week and take some action shots of these same things and just replace the older ones. Anyway.... thanks Stacy for making me take a few hours to think about my life right now and appreciate it! I know I get caught up in all the things to do, that I rarely sit back and see how lucky I am to have a great life. That's why I titled my book, "Lucky in 2008". I feel very lucky to have so many wonderful things in my life....









I challenge you to take Stacy's challenge and capture your life right now... it will be a great present to you and your family in years to come! Check out Stacy's blog to read more about it and see more finished books! For my friends who have no idea who Stacy Julian is, you are missing out. She is the founding editor of Simple Scrapbooks Magazine and I had the privilege of working for her when I lived in Spokane. I was her editorial assistant and worked in her house a few days a week and I got to travel the country with her. She is an amazing speaker and she teaches scrapbooking classes all over the world. I helped her with her classes for a few years and loved traveling with her. I never got tired of hearing the same classes over and over.... she inspired me every-time! Love you Stacy!! Miss ya tons!

9 comments:

Jeff and Michele said...

That looks like a fun project. I saw your Wednesday page and it reminded me that I forgot again...I'm not used to being able to go with you guys. I guess I need to write it on my calendar.

DeniseHunter said...

Where do you get these cute little albums?

Denise

Anonymous said...

and I love YOU.
Love keeping in touch this way -- even when I don't comment.
Thanks for playing!

susan bunker said...

love the book and the idea! thanks for sharing!

The Lords said...

I loved your "lucky in life" book. What a great idea. I am lucky to have you as a friend! love ya!

Jana said...

Love your album. I like the way you journaled around the photos.

Carrie said...

Love it! I like the idea of keeping it in your purse and looking at it often to remind yourself to live in the present. Thanks for reminding me to count my blessings!

suzanne said...

cute idea.

Edie and Luke said...

That is a very cute book! That is a good idea! I am trying to get my little book complete for Cienna and to make a copy to Kimberly so she can look at it too! You are inspired me girl!