Saturday, December 13, 2008

Blinker fluid...

So we are all driving in the car today and we were talking about John's car needing an oil change and that reminded me that sometimes Ashley's blinkers don't work right in her car. So I asked her how they were working these days and she said that they work sometimes. Then she said, "Todd said I need to get some blinker fluid." John and I look at each other and bust up laughing. She looked so confused. I said there was no such thing as blinker fluid and she realized that her Uncle Todd had been teasing her! When he was here for Thanksgiving he ran an errand with her and her blinkers weren't working, so Todd, knowing that Ashley knew nothing about cars told her that she needed blinker fluid! We laughed for a good 5 minutes. When we got composer we called todd and told him that she believed him. He had a good laugh! We LOVE our Ashley!

This reminds me of last year when she was leaving for seminary and her windshield was covered with frost... she didn't know what to do. She came inside and got hot water and poured it on the windshield! Thank goodness the glass didn't crack. She told us about it when she got home from school and I asked her why she didn't turn on the defrost and she said "what's the defrost?" I guess that's what happens when you learn to drive in Vegas!

4 comments:

kathie said...

Ashley is darling...she should have her own T.V. sitcom...she has the greatest smile, its like you can't help but smile every time you talk to her! I love that girl. (I'm also pretty fond of that Tanner...he'd make a great little brother on her show!)

Angeleah Bertoldo said...

HAHHAAHAAHA. classic ash.

suzanne said...

that's funny.

Judy said...

You gotta love that Ashley, one in a million! 17 or 18 on Christmas???? Love, Sis. J