Monday, January 5, 2009

Ahhhh....

The house is quiet... all the kids are back in school! Christmas got put away on Saturday and my house is clean. I am sitting on the couch ready to watch a new season of Oprah! I do have laundry and a huge stack of papers to go through and a checkbook to balance... but for the next hour, its me and the TV and a blanket. I am hoping for a little weight loss motivation from my friend Oprah today! It's a new year and I have some new goals!

I am feeling for my friends up in the Northwest... my sister posted that they were getting more snow and school might be cancelled today and my friend Stacy in Spokane said their school is for sure cancelled and they were expecting 8 more inches of snow... I must say that I am glad I am in the dessert today! A few days of snow is fun, and then it becomes a burden, especially in the Pacific Northwest. There are just so many hills, you can't function, even if you have good snow tires. Good luck my friends! I will think of you in my quiet house watching Oprah.

7 comments:

susan bunker said...

Sounds like the perfect way to start the new year, on the couch with a blanket, FOR ONE HOUR! You go girl! You did great yesterday!

Lisa and Bill said...

Ahh.. I did the same thing.. Quiet house & Oprah. I taped it & only watched about 30 mins, so the couch is calling my name again! I have to admit I do miss James. The house feels kinda empty.

suzanne said...

good for you!

Carrie said...

Sounds like a great way to start the New Year! My kids weren't so excited this morning, but I actually went back to bed for an hour! It was great. I loved seeing all your Christmas pictures. You have a great family. Ashley, I love your new coat! You do look like a model. :)

Sarchet Family said...

Yeah! The Snow melted! I had the kids in school today. I got to catch up on alot of work. i didnt see oprah today, but I did read her web site last night and they had Bob on and they talked about her weight gain. I am little behind, i think it was a past show. Bumers that it gets harder as you get older. We are getting old you know! Love ya!

Kathy's Boys said...

The perfect way to spend the morning! Sounds like the RX I need right now.

email and phone numbers said...

I have to admit, i too sat on the couch with no one in the house but it wasnt quite as wonderful as you described as I STILL HAVE TO TAKE DOWN DECORATIONS! hate that! but good for you even though I'm a little jealous! ;)