Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

I hope you all had a safe and happy New Years Eve! Mine was a little different... I had to chaperone the youth dance and we couldn't find a sitter for Tanner, so John stayed home with him. I didn't like being away from my Honey on New Years Eve! We decided to go out tomorrow night and have our own little celebration... I am looking forward to it!!

The dance was great. I was worried that we wouldn't have a good turnout, but we did! The DJ brought this fun photo booth... here I am with my 2nd counselor and my secretary. Unfortunately my other counselor wasn't able to come. I love my presidency! Such great ladies!!

I got home around 1:00am and it took a while to get the kids all settled and home. By about 2:30 I was almost asleep when I hear a ton of teenagers out back. Mitch and his 2 friends were sleeping in the backyard on the tramp (I know, crazy kids, they insisted on it! It was very cold out...) I thought the noise was them... so I jump out of bed and open the door ready to yell at them and they are still on the tramp almost asleep... the noise was over the wall in Canyon Gate...  A late party getting over. They were so loud! And then a like 4am a car alarm went off! Not a good night sleep for me!  I need a nap!!!!

Since it's a new year, I thought I would give the blog a new look! My super talented friend Suzanne drew this cute picture of our family! I LOVE it! I hope to have that skinny waist in a few months! I love that she captured John and Ashley's little dimple on their chin... so cute.

6 comments:

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

I agree I love it and it is such a cute representaion of everyone. Glad the dance went well. I wanted Jarede to go but he went with with us to a family party and then got to tired and went home about 7:30.

Happy New Year to you.

Lisa and Bill said...

I love our pictures! That was way fun! I felt like a teenager again! The disco was a blast!

I love the new drawing of the family! Such fun!

I need to update my blog & stop spending so much time on Facebook!

Sarchet Family said...

Hanging out with the youth i think will always leave you tired. Sounds like a fun night. I am looking forward to Vincent going to the dance next year.

I like the drawing. So cute! Good Job!

Jeff and Michele said...

I love the Family drawing. I told Suzanne she needs to sell those. I would buy one. I want to buy one...Suzanne?

Sarchet Family said...

How did you get the video on the side bar. I want that on mine! That talk is great. We watched some of it today in sunday school.

Erin Camp said...

We got asked to chaperone our youth dance too. I think for once Kevin was actually happy that I wasn't well enough to do so:) I LOVE the new picture at the top of your page. I'm with Michele, Suzanne could make a killing on those.