Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas pics 2008

Here are some pictures from Christmas Eve and Christmas day. Our Christmas Eve was spent at the Lords house. We had a great time with them. This has become a tradition for us and we love it. Keri sets a beautiful table and we usually bbq some steak and have crab legs. We always have those English poppers on our plate that we open before dinner... that's why we all have silly hats on! That's a tradition with the Lords, since Nick when on his mission to England.

After dinner the kids get ready for the Nativity... 

It felt a little different this year... and then I remembered that we were missing Adam! It was strange. 

I made my brother's famous Eggnog Cheesecake for dessert and Keri made an English trifle. Both were yummy!



Christmas morning! Ashley with her new coat...

Mitchell with his new guitar!
The family playing the new Guitar Hero World Tour...
Tanner loved his cash from Grandma and Grandpa!

Now the Birthday celebration after a delicious dinner... Scott and Jenn and Duece came to join us for the festivities.

Ashley was so excited about her new scriptures!
Her favorite dessert!
It was a great day! We relaxed and had a fun time with the kids, playing with their new things. I am so sad that it is over... I am going to try to do my best to keep the spirit of Christmas in our home all year! I'd write more, but I am really tired.... I'm off to bed!

5 comments:

Sarchet Family said...

Ashleys dessert looks good what kind is it?

email and phone numbers said...

looks like a FUN Christmas at the Barnes house! Thanks for sharing...

Grama Linda said...

It really does look like so much fun. What a great tradition! I love all the nativity pictures...
Ashley looks like a model in her new coat!.. and everyone looks like they're pro's at World Tour already!
We Love You Guys!!

suzanne said...

i love that they are all still willing to participate in the nativity. looks like a very fun christmas.

happy birthday ashley!

Edie and Luke said...

I love that John was on the drums on Rock band- he always wanted to play the drums. Can't wait to see you guys soon and we want to try out rock band! ROCK ON!