Thursday, March 19, 2009

Baby girl is here!


My sister in law, Jenn had her baby early this morning! Her name is Afton Joy Westra, (Afton is her great grandma's name and Joy is my mom's name) she was 7 lbs 2 oz, 18 inches long. We are so happy for Scott and Jenn... they tried a long time to get pregnant, so she is our little miracle baby! 

She was a few weeks early, she was due on April 3rd. I had just talked to Scott yesterday and he said the baby was very low and doctor had told them it could be any day... sure enough I got a text from Scott at 12:48am last night saying they were at the hospital dialated to a 4. Then I got another text at 3:40am saying that the epidural was working and she was already pushing. Then at 5:15 I got a text saying she was here and all was well!! We are so happy to be living near them! Ashley and I headed over to the hospital as soon as visiting hours were open! Then we went back with the boys this evening. SHe is SOOOO cute. She has lots of dark hair and she's just adorable. Jenn looks great and Scott was all smiles. Hopefully they will get some rest tonight!

The nurse asked Scott if he had been around very many babies and being the youngest of 9 kids he said that he had like 21 or 22 nieces and nephews and the nurse was shocked! 





Tanner was pretty cute with her! He is very sensitive and wanted to learn all about her. Being the youngest child he knew nothing about nursing... it came up and he asked what it was... you have to be careful explaining things to Tanner in fear of him fainting, but he took it pretty well. And he asked all sorts of funny questions.... like "if Jenn gets thirsty can she just drink from them too?" Oh we love our Tanner.

6 comments:

Grama Linda said...

She is so beautiful! Congratulations Auntie Alli... I love all the pictures...she has so much dark hair and wonderful rosy cheeks XO!! Babies are the best!

Sarchet Family said...

Thank you allison for the photos! I love it. She looks adorable! I love Tanners comment! crack me up1

suzanne said...

people have GOT to stop posting all of these BEAUTIFUL babies.... my uterus is beginning to palpitate!

don't you have a brother named todd too? i have two brothers: scott and todd. funny.

Carrie said...

Congratulations! You must be a proud aunt! I'm glad you got to see her right away. They are so precious when they are that new. She is beautiful! I like her name, too.

Erin Camp said...

I miss little tiny babies that are squishy and always smell so sweet.......Congrats to your brother.

Edie and Luke said...

I love Tanner! So cute! I'm happy for them- welcome to parenthood! Allison- you look so natural. Can't wait til you can hold Cienna during the beach trip! Love you guys!