Friday, March 13, 2009

Volleyball time

Mitchell made the freshman volleyball team!!! good job Mitch!! He worked really hard for this. He has been going to intramural practices for a few months getting ready for tryouts. He had his first game against Valley High School yesterday.... he started the game and played  great! He had a block in the last game that scored our winning point! Go Bengals! 

I need Linda to give me some volleyball mom lessons... I don't know all the rules and felt pretty stupid asking the guy next to me what all the calls were... I thought I knew volleyball pretty good... but it's been a long time since I played with rules.
My camera didn't like the gym... the pics are a little blurry.



Mitch and Bennett celebrating the win...

A funny side note to remember... Mitchell played the whole game against one of his former soccer teammates (Andrew) and didn't even notice him on the other side of the net. I saw his mom first thing and chatted with her, but the boys didn't recognize each other. I guess they were focusing on the game. Mitch was shocked when I pointed him out after the game! 

4 comments:

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

That is funny about Andrew. Congrats on the new sport to watch and learn about.

Grama Linda said...

I am coming to watch... I can't wait to watch some more volleyball. I think I can even help you out with the rules.
Go Mitch!

email and phone numbers said...

yea mitch!! congrats on making the team!

defining amy said...

Congrats Mitch! And go Bengals. You already have all the love you need to make a great volleyball mom.