Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Happy Birthday Johnny!

My little brother John would be 38 years old today. I miss him so much. He died in a car accident when he was 25. Johnny was such a fun little brother. He was always the life of the party, always happy! My friends would come over and and up playing with him. He and my brother David were very close in age so they were always together, doing silly things. Dave always tried to keep him in line. John took a lot of pottery classes in high school and I think of him every time i use my gravy bowl he made me.

I found some fun pictures of him this morning...

I loved my little brothers!

I often wonder what Greg and John are up too in Heaven...

One of the last Westra family pictures taken before Greg and John passed away.


This is one of my favorite pictures of Johnny... We went to Santa Cruz, CA with my family the summer before John died and he had so much fun playing with Mitchell at the beach. He was a great uncle!

I love you and miss you Johnny!!

6 comments:

suzanne said...

what a blessing to know that families are forever!

Sarchet Family said...

i was doing fine till I saw the photos. It is fun to remember them both today. Thanks for the post. I will pull myself back together and get back to work. Love my family!

Anonymous said...

Love my family too. Thanks Allison for coming over today to see baby Afton. She loves her aunt already. After you left I sat with her and watched Johnny's funeral dvd. I am sad that Afton won't get the chance to know her uncles who have left us. And be snuggled by Johnny on the beach. :(

Carrie said...

Those are some fun pictures. What a great looking family! You must have a lot of happy/sad feelings when you look at them. They are probably having a great time up there together and I'm sure they love that you remember their birthdays.

The Lords said...

I am sure you have two angels watching over and still blessing your life. Love ya!

Grama Linda said...

What a beautiful post. How wonderful to have such a big family...and such a blessing like Keri said, to have angels watching over you.