Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Molly Mormon I'm NOT!


I attempted to make some whole wheat bread today and totally ruined it! Not sure why I am admitting this to the world... I guess it's because I wrote a post once about needing to post the good and the bad... so here is the bad. I used my wheat grinder to grind some wheat today and made the dough and had it in the loaf pans rising and totally forgot about it! I was busy balancing my checkbook, which took way too long and I suddenly remembered my bread and it was flowing over in the pans!! Since I am not a bread expert I didn't know what to do. I decided to try to bake 2 loaves as is and that obviously didn't work... the other two loaves I smashed down and reformed them in the loaf pans and that didn't work either... Good thing i am planning on going to Great Harvest for lunch tomorrow after the temple. I will pick up a loaf there!

4 comments:

Carrie said...

Oh, Allison! I am so impressed that you got that far! I don't even have a wheat grinder. I'm sure the next time you make bread it will turn out great!

susan bunker said...

grinding wheat?! YOU GO GIRL!!! we all need to see that you aren't perfect at everything, although i bet if you hadn't been distracted they would have been wonderful!

suzanne said...

so. funny.

Anonymous said...

i don't care if you have an occassional baking mishap. ... you're still one hot babe!

Love,

John