Tuesday, April 28, 2009

working again...


So before I moved to Vegas I worked for my good friend Stacy...  She was the editor in chief of a scrapbooking magazine called Simple Scrapbooks. I was her Editorial Assistant... the magazine was headquartered in Utah and Stacy lived in Spokane... so she had a little office in her basement that we worked in. I would come over a few times a week to help her stay organized... Scrapbooking manufacturers would send her tons of product in hopes that she would like it and use it in the magazine. So I spent many hours filing cute papers, organizing stickers and tons of other products. I organized different products that would be in the magazine and talk to scrapbook designers about their deadlines and sending their layouts in... I also got to travel with Stacy. She is an amazing speaker and speaks at all kinds of scrapbooking conventions around the world. I would go along and help her get her classroom set up and make sure her computer worked for her power point presentations and helped her design her presentations... so fun. We went to some fun places like; Orlando, Vancouver BC, San Antonio, Austin, Houston, Dallas, Minneapolis, Stamford Ct, Anaheim, Seattle, Provo... I am sure I am forgetting a few. 

Anyway, Stacy called me a few weeks ago and asked me to rescue her and help her get her blog organized and help her with a few other projects. I am so excited to work a few hours a week with her again! I have missed it and her! Maybe it will help me get motivated to start scrapbooking again. Check out her blog... she wrote a fun story on how we met and how I started working for her. Simple Scrapbooks was killed in the economy... this months issue is the last one ever! So sad!! So she is writing about some of her "Simple Memories" on her blog this week. Stacy now has her own company that does online scrapbooking classes called Big Picture Scrapbooking. I've done a few classes and they are so fun! Check out her website, she has some great free classes too.

These pictures are from the last trip I went on with her.... Houston Texas.... we found the coolest candy store in the mall. We rarely had time to explore the cities we went too, but this hotel was connected to the mall! Lucky us. 

4 comments:

Elder Jake Zebe said...

Looks and sounds like LOTS of fun!

sadie said...

Congratulations Allison! I know you will love every minute. I'm so excited for you!!!

susan bunker said...

sorry that was me, susan.

suzanne said...

i love working with fun people, it makes it seem less like work. :)