Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mothers Day!!

Just wanted to say Happy Mothers Day to my mom! She is such a wonderful mom. I love her so much!!! My brother had to speak in church today and we had a fun time chatting yesterday about our mom! We love all the funny little things that she says and all the cute little songs that she sings. I often wonder how she kept sane with 9 kids.... She was so patient! I don't think she ever had time alone... she never went on girls night outs or away to women's conference or away with dad for a little break. I do remember her talking on the phone a lot, but that wasn't in private either. We didn't have cordless phones back then, it was right in the kitchen and we usually made fun of her laugh and her funny sayings while she was on the phone. Sorry Mom!! Mom helped me gain a love for the outdoors and I appreciate that so much. I know it wasn't easy to load us all in the van and take us to the mountains and the beach. Thanks for your patience MOM!!! I love you so much!!!

I love this picture of my mom... at Women's Conference we went to the Thursday night concert and people were holding up their cell phones while they were rocking out to this one group and my mom thought that was so cool so she did it too! It was so cute!!


I had a great mothers day today. I woke up to breakfast in bed! and some fun presents. Ashley had to speak in church and she did such a good job. All the graduating seniors spoke. It was really nice. After church John bbq'd some flank steak and chicken. It was delicious. Then we watched the movie Australia. I loved it! Then we made some fondue! yum!!!


This picture is to make my family jealous that I get to babysit Afton! Scott and Jenn stopped by for a visit and i talked them into leaving Afton with us while they went to Kohls. We had a nice little nap on the hammock! She is SO cute.


As i am writing this Tanner decided to read his pamphlet he got in the growth and development lesson they had at school this week... let's just say that he almost fainted and he cried when we explained circumcision. I won't embarrass him by writing anymore details of our family conversation tonight... I can't believe my baby is growing up so fast!!

4 comments:

email and phone numbers said...

i love mother's day! glad you had a great one!

susan bunker said...

your mom looks adorable. i think she is a saint..9 children...i can't imagine!
afton is precious, i'm so glad you can enjoy her!
ashley did do a great job yesterday. she is a pretty special girl! happy day!

stacyj said...

I love Australia too and I'm totally jealous of baby time in the hammock.

Edie and Luke said...

That is so sweet what you said about your mom! Also, I would've loved to be a fly on the wall and hear that conversation with Tanner! I love that kid!