Thursday, May 7, 2009

Women' Conference

I can't believe it has taken me a week to write about Women's Conference...  I went up to Lehi on Wednesday the 30th. I drove all by myself. It was so peaceful!! I had a lot of time to think and listen to music that I liked and I listened to part of a book. My sister Julie came down from Seattle and we met up with my other sister Cindy and my parents. We went up to Midway on Wednesday night to have dinner at my brother Todd's house. Sharolyn made a yummy dinner and we had fun hanging with them and the kids. They are all so cute! I can't wait for their new baby in June!! 




Thursday morning we headed down to Provo for classes. We enjoyed the classes and really enjoyed being together! Women's Conference is so powerful. There are thousands of women there and they all wanted to be uplifted. Its a great experience. 

On Thursday night they have a huge service project night. They have stations set up all over the Smith Field House and the Richard's building. We helped make puppets for kids and we helped tie a quilt.














We stopped at the new President Hinckley Alumni building. It's beautiful. I loved this picture of President and Sister Hinckley! In this picture I was reading the cutest story about this chair...  Sister Hinckley's mom embroidered the top of the chair and before Sister Hinckley passed away it was donated to a department at BYU in her name. Then when President Hinckley was speaking at the groundbreaking ceremony for this new building he said "She has, on this campus, a chair which carries her name and now I have a building," President Hinckley said. "Maybe we could move her chair into my building and we'd be together again." it was so cute!! Can't you hear his voice saying that!

Friday we went to more great classes. I loved Sister Beck's talk on strengthening the family. you will have to watch for it on BYU-TV. At the closing session we got to hear from Elder Perry. He was great. He spoke on missionary work. 

On Saturday morning we all headed to Vegas because Scott was blessing baby Afton on Sunday. ( I will post pictures of that tomorrow)  So, Cindy and Julie and Spencer drove in Cindy's van and my parents drove with me. Just outside of Nephi Cindy got a flat tire and it was POURING down rain!!! By the time we got turned around and back to their car, Cindy had gotten started. I was impressed. Not sure I know how to get my spare tire from under my car?? A nice man stopped to help and he had a huge umbrella! It was yucky weather all the way passed Cedar City. We stopped in Filmore and got a new tire. It made for an exciting ride home. 









4 comments:

suzanne said...

what a sweet picture of the Hinckley's. looks like you had a great time. i want to go... some day.

susan bunker said...

it really does sound like a wonderful weekend! how fun to there with your sisters and mother! so glad you could have the time together and now the wonderful memories!

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

I took picture of Sis Hinkley's chair last year. That building really is amazing. Glad you had so much fun,and it was good to bump into you. We need to have lunch and really catch up sometime.

Carrie said...

Love your pictures! Thank you for sharing. It sounds like a really amazing thing to experience.... the power of that many women assembled together must be quite something!