Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Halloween Scrooge??

Is there such a thing as the Halloween Scrooge?? I feel like one this year and I can't figure out why?? I don't have any decorations up and I have no desire to get them up. Well, maybe a little desire. I have a few excuses running in my head as to why I haven't gotten them out...

1. They are stored under my stairs and it is quite an ordeal to get them out. If I attempt this task, then I would have to open the closet door and take everything out to get to the secret passage under the stairs and it is a HUGE mess in there. I would take a picture to prove it, but then you would judge me a a really messy person. There are full backpacks from the end of school last year in there... just to give one example of what is hiding in that closet. So, until I have few hours to organize it right, I don't feel like going in there.

2. I am trying really hard to eat good. I have been going back to Weight Watchers and I have lost 8 pounds since summer... but I have a LONG way to go and the thought of Halloween makes me hungry and probably adds 5 pounds just thinking of the yummy candy! I LOVE HALLOWEEN CANDY. The thought of trick or treating gets me excited and takes me back to my childhood when we would go out the door the minute dinner was done and we wouldn't come back until we hit the whole neighborhood. I lived in a big neighborhood! When we got home, I would sort my candy and count how many Reeses i got and give my parents all the Almond Joys and Mounds bars. I could write a whole post on my thought process of eating what candy first and how much I enjoy each kind of candy, but i will spare you and one of these days I am going to make a candy scrapbook with all my crazy reasons why I love certain candies. So, back to my original point of not decorating, I am worried that if I have Halloween decorations up, i just might stop at Target and buy halloween candy to put around the house and then I will be in trouble... so, out of sight, out of mind is working right now.

3. We aren't even going to be home for Halloween, so why decorate. We are headed to Utah for Nevada Day.

So, until I get a burst of energy or some will power to stay away from candy in my house, I just might leave it all in the closet.

8 comments:

Ang and Shawn said...

hahaha. You are funny. Sorting halloween candy is the best. I'm actually going to go trick or treating this year. I know I'm dumb and immature, but my friend and I thought we might as well do it while we still look like we are 13! So Shawn is going to drop us off at a rich neighborhood and not let us come home for a couple of hours. We will see if it really happens. Question. Why is Nevada days in Utah? That's the most confusing thing ever. . .

Sarchet Family said...

Amen Sister! I am totally with you on every point!

Erin Camp said...

I didn't decorate this year, and I have little kids at home. Now that's a bad mom.

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

I feel exactly the same way. I am becoming more of scrooge every year. Is all that decorating really necessary? I am going to Utah also and Diana actually said to me, what is the point of decorating. So I am off the hook. Yipee.

Nutty Hamster Chick said...

Oh and I have been meaning to ask you, when your daughter was dating a certain person in Spokane, was their last name by chance Crandall? Just curious how Ashley would be friends with Julie Crandall as she is one of my very good friends from when we were in Grad school in California. She had not yet moved to Idaho. It is a small small world on facebook.

Jeff and Michele said...

I'm not saying you should decorate because I did the bare minimum just to appease Anissa, but we could help with the closet situation. You should come see what we did with ours...got the idea from Abby B and modified it to fit us.

Carrie said...

Yeah, all my Halloween decorations are way up in the attic where I can't get to them. Can you imagine how disappointed I am??? ;) Luckily the girls really don't care. Congrats on the Weight Watchers. I am so proud of you! I am bad, I already bought my Halloween candy!

Anonymous said...

hi