Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Little visitors...

We watched 3 of the cutest kids last week! John's sister Edie dropped off her 3 kids on Wednesday and picked them up on Sunday. It was a bit of an adjustment getting used to diapers, nap time, car seats, high chairs, baby food, bottles, gates, watching the movie Cars 100 times and sippy cups all over again... but we enjoyed it! The kids were SO GOOD! They slept through the night and took great naps... what more can you ask for??

I took them to 2 of Mitchell's soccer games... I know it was brave of me. The first one was at Clark and I had Tanner and Grandma to help... so things went really smooth. The second one was WAY out at Desert Oasis and I managed that one alone! We had a movie for the car and lots of snacks and drinks. The boys loved watching the ball go back and forth and I taught Carter how to say "Go Bonanza!" (we won both games!)

Cienna and Caden watching the game.
( I had to call Edie to have her tell me how to shut that huge stroller... I felt stupid!)

Tanner and Carter getting a snack...

Carter and I... Grandma Barnes in the background... (She was at Edie's, so she came up to Vegas and she flew home on Thursday from here.)
Cienna in a sea of toys.. but notice that she has the remote!

On Friday morning we joined the young moms in the
ward at the park... I am sure that they see me as an old lady, but I still feel
like I am their age... It was fun to hang with them!




Our secret to an early bedtime was wearing them out on the trampoline! They loved it!


Cienna wasn't scared at all! She crawled all over and didn't mind when the boys
ran into her or bounced her over!

It was great to get to know our cute little niece and nephews better and give Edie a little break. (her husband is up in Wyoming working...) I will miss them this week! They kept me busy that's for sure. I will miss Cienna cuddling with me when she wakes up and I will miss Caden trying to say new words... he loved calling Mitchell's name! and I will miss Carter playing with his little train set! We love you guys!!

6 comments:

Grama Linda said...

What cute kids! Great practice for the future Grami Alli...

Emily Alexander said...

We do not think of you as an old lady at all Allison! It was fun having you there:) And those kids were very cute.

Sarchet Family said...

You are such a great sister-in-law. I bet it was fun. But thankful that you are out of the diaper stage. I do miss those cuddles. Good job Allison!

Ashley Marx said...

Cienna is so stinkin cute. i am jealous i couldnt be there. I love the picture of her by the slide.. ahg! stop doing fun things without me.

Ashley Marx said...

p.s. gram b looks like a model in that picture.. the wind blowing through her hair.. the striped sweater. she's got it going on.

Carrie said...

Wow, you are such a great auntie! Looks like you had fun and did a good job. Not as scary as you thought? Love your pics, very cute!