Saturday, November 14, 2009

Girls weekend...

I am up in Spokane hanging with great friends. Last night was my friend Megan's 13th annual Christmas card party. I have been to about 10 of them and look forward to it every year. What could be more fun than staying up late talking, eating, laughing, catching up and crafting with wonderful friends?

Michelle, Jenna and Christine working hard...
Mindy and Michelle relaxing... (Mindy came from utah)

Lots of yummy food to eat...

Whitney, Cory, Stacy and I

Heather, Stacy and Heidi

Sheryl & I

Megan, Mindy and Kerry


I feel so blessed that everywhere I have lived, I have always been able to make good friends. And I love that we have moved around a bit so I have lots of great friends! When I think of the different cities we have lived in, I don't always think of the house we had, but the friends that I had when I lived there. As I sat at the party last night and looked at all of these ladies, I thought about how they had all been a part of my life when we lived there for 7 years. One was a counselor when I was yw's president, several of us did "joy school" with our little boys, one was my boss and great friend, 3 of us were pregnant at the same time, one made applesauce and canned peaches with me, one swapped baby-sitting all the time, one was very sick when she was pregnant and I remember cleaning her house and I hardly knew her at the time, one had the most beautiful voice and touched my heart with her talent, one hosted our going away party, one had us over for Christmas dinner, one is married to a guy who served a mission with my brother John and so much more! All of them will always have a special spot in my heart. I often talk about missing the beauty of the northwest, but it's the people that I miss the most... so glad I got to spend a few days with these great ladies.

6 comments:

Ashley Marx said...

im glad you got to get away... you deserve a vacation! and it was so weird looking at all of those pictures.. gave me flashbacks. and i remembered every single one of their names without looking bahaha :) love you. see you next week!!!

Jeff and Michele said...

I'm glad you're having a fun time. And I'm also glad you've moved around so I can have you as a great friend!

susan bunker said...

allison, great post! i loved reading about what made each of those friends special! thanks for coming to las vegas. you have touched my heart!

Carrie said...

I'm glad you had a great time.... and that you wrote about how friends really define the memories of places we've lived. That is really true. I am grateful to have you as a friend!

Grama Linda said...

I am so glad that you got to get away and be with your friends...It looks like so much fun. And I too am glad that you guys moved to Vegas so I can be your friend too!
Love You!

suzanne said...

me too!