Wednesday, December 9, 2009

It's beginning to look like Christmas...


I think this is the latest that I have ever gotten my tree up! Not sure why?? But it's up and I am finally in the Christmas spirit. We were at our ward Christmas party (which was wonderful!! The food, decorations, music, program... it was all amazing!!!) and the gym was decorated with live Christmas tree's and I immediately wanted one!!! In Spokane we had the tradition of going up to the mountains and cutting our own tree down and I have missed that!! So when I saw a gym full of "MY" kind of tree's I got excited!! Luckily I hadn't put my fake one up yet... for once procrastination paid off! The Dye's let us take one home and I LOVE it. The kids think it's ugly... but oh well. Tanner doesn't remember what real forest tree's look like... It's a little Charlie Brownish, but all decorated it looks great. And it makes me happy!!!

I missed Ashley while I was decorating it... the boys wouldn't help me... It's strange being the only girl in the house... I miss her!! She will be home soon!

I bought the new Andrea Bocelli Christmas CD and love it. I listened to it the whole time I got the tree decorated! It totally got me in the spirit of Christmas. I love this time of year ands I am doing my best to relax and enjoy the season. If my cards get done, that will be a good thing, but I'm not stressing over it. For some strange reason I'm not uptight about it all... John on the other hand is very stressed about getting the train set done. It always takes longer than he expects. It's looking great and we will have a party when it's done!!

I LOVED the First Presidency Christmas Devotional. It was a great reminder to what Christmas is all about. I hope we can all remember our Savior and think about him through this time of year.



1 comment:

suzanne said...

we get a real tree every year... it's the one thing steve won't budge on. and, to make you feel WAY better... ours still only has the lights on it!!