Sunday, November 29, 2009

SO Thankful!

I had planned to spend the whole month of November blogging about things that I am thankful for... but as you can see it never happened. That seems to be the story of my life these days. Lots of good ideas... not a lot of execution... I will try to do better. I feel so unorganized in all aspects of my life. I need to spend a few days this week getting some good lists made and a game plan to get things done, or else I am going to be a mess come Christmas. I didn't plan to write about my struggles, I was going to write about things I am thankful for! So here are a few...

Wonderful Husband!
Great kids
Ashley home for the weekend
Awesome parents
Loving family
Gospel of Jesus Christ
Girlfriends
Good health
Home
Husband's job
My work with Stacy
YW Calling
Temple
New Computer
and the list could go on and on...

Here are a few highlights from our Thanksgiving weekend. We had dinner at our house and had a wonderful day! Don't get confused by the guest list... We had My brother Scott, his wife Jenn, Afton, Jenn's mom Joanna, Joanna's sister Debbie and her husband Danny and their son Aaron and his wife Crystal. Then Danny's cousin and his wife came for a little while. It was great to get to know Jenn's family better. They are so funny! We were laughing the whole evening. Scott and Jenn are in the middle of moving and so is Aunt Debbie, so they were all homeless for the holidays... so we invited them all over. Everyone helped with the cooking, so it went really smooth.
I love this man!!
The girls...
The boys... and Afton (Jenn wanted Thanksgiving pictures with Afton)
John carving the turkey...
Joanna and Danny...
Table 1 (Joanna, John and Danny)
Table 2 everyone kept moving from table to table... Mitch, Tanner, Scott, Jenn, Aaron, Crystal and Debbie

I know... bad picture... but I wanted to remember this...
Aunt Debbie loves my Aunt Janet's rolls and she had one in each hand! and she didn't stop talking about them... So funny! (they are a tradition in the Westra family! Can't have Thanksgiving without them!)



John set up some games in the spare room. The boys had fun playing...

My chocolate cream pie that didn't set right... it was totally lopsided.

Tanner made this Jello-cookies and cream pie!
Friday John and I got up early and did some shopping. We went to Fashion Show mall and found a few good deals. We had been saving for new computer and we broke down and got it one because it was on sale. We have been fighting over it all weekend! We got this. It's is an early Christmas present! I am So happy! I hope you all had a Great Thanksgiving!! I am thankful for all of you!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Allison,

You're an awesome wife whom I am forever thankful for. Thanks for all you do for our family. Love you,

John

Carrie said...

Very nice post, Allison. I am with you! I also feel very unorganized, have great intentions, and am thankful for so many things. You do more than you know! Beautiful pictures... glad you had a nice time!

suzanne said...

you are so awesome to have all of those people over for thanksgiving. i am coveting your new computer! glad you had such a happy holiday.