Monday, November 8, 2010

Oh my gosh!

My daughter is engaged! I can hardly believe it! I have a lot of emotions and thoughts going on in my head right now! Like, I am so happy for her! She is on cloud 9. Like, I really like Scotty! He's a great guy. I'm so happy she found a worthy priesthood holder to take her to the temple. Like, how in the world are we going to afford a wedding right now?? Like, we can have a nice simple reception, it doesn't have to be a dinner. Like, I can't believe how happy she is! Like, she is way to young to get married! She will be 20 in a few months. Then I remember that I was only about 6 months older than her when I got married. Like, she has only known him 4 months, is that long enough?? Then I remember that I only knew John 3 months before we were engaged. Like, how can I be old enough to have a daughter getting married. Like, this is the next step in her life. It's what we taught her, it's the next step to eternal life. I just really want her to finish school! Like, I need to loose 30 more lbs. Like, where am I going to find a nice dress? Like, I don't really want to share my daughter... she's mine. Like, I'm so glad we know his parents and know that they are great people with strong testimonies. Like, I really am so happy!



These pictures were taken right after they got engaged! I will let Ashley blog about how he proposed. Her blog is listed on the right side of mine.



Isn't her ring beautiful! I will keep you updated on a date.

6 comments:

Ashley Marx said...

WAAAAHHHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Grama Linda said...

Yea!! I am so happy for Ashley. I don't know if I have ever seen her happier... She deserves the very best. I love that girl!
Congratulations!!

Ang and Shawn said...

so carazy! Her ring looks so pretty. I love scotty. I want to know a date!

Erin Camp said...

Congrats to Ashley and Mom (and Dad too)!

Jen Castagno said...

yay ashley!!!!!!

suzanne said...

congratulations!!

this is what life is all about!