Saturday, March 26, 2011

March Madness 26

Speaking of March madness... did you catch the end of the Florida and Butler game? Very close. I was rooting for Florida since they knocked out BYU. But they lost in the last seconds. Ashley and I were home alone and we were watching b-ball without the boys! Surprise surprise! The game ended and I looked at her and siad, "That's what march madness is all about!" I still remember watching the NCAA finals for the first time. John and I had been married less than a year and we lived in this hole in the wall apartment in Provo. That place is a whole other post! Don't ever let your husband's friend pick out an apartment for you! Anyway, I had never watched March Madness before and John got me hooked. I much prefer college ball over the NBA's!

So, if you saw my facebook you know John and I went to Barry Manilow last night! It was amazing! My only complaint is that it was too short! John wasn't exactly thrilled to be there, but he was a good sport and seemed to enjoy it... he wasn't alone... I saw a lot of husbands with similar expressions on their faces as the ladies were singing along! Pretty funny.

The show moved to the Paris a few months back.


The show had some great effects, his band was great and he told some fun stories. He told us how his grandpa would take him into NY every Saturday and they would go to this shop that would create a record for you for .25cents. (He was only 4 at the time.) His grandpa knew he had talent and helped him get started. He played a couple of those old records. It was pretty cool. Then he sang one of the songs he had recorded. Then in this picture they showed a clip of his first TV appearance... They played it for a while and then he came out and finished the song and sang along with the clip. It was awesome!



I was able to sneak a quick video... they were very strict about no video taping... I saw the lady stop a lot of people... I mostly took it just to see if she would catch me...hahaha. I know... you didn't know I was so rebellious!



I would highly recommend this show if you come to Vegas! it was clean and fun. I was worried they would Vegasize him like they did Elton John. We went to him a few years ago and it was very disappointing. They had to add yucky Vegas sleaze.

John left today for Chicago and North Carolina for almost a week and a half... yuck. I will miss him!

No comments: