Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Country Concert???

Ok, those of you who know me well, would say, "Allison went to a country concert??????" I was thinking the same thing when my friend Linda called with a ticket to a Girls Night Out Country Concert... I wanted to tell her that "I don't do country"... but the idea of a girls night out overpowered my dislike for country. It was SO FUN. I am so glad I went... I can't say I am converted to country... but it wasn't as bad as I imagined. I didn't know half of the people who sang... but I enjoyed getting to know them and would possibly listen to a few of them again. Barb and I would hear Teresa, Linda and Kathy get all excited about a performer and we would look at each other and say "have you ever heard of them?" and the answer was nope.

All the country people were in town for the CMA's on Sunday night... so there was a concert Monday night called "Academy of Country Music, Girls Night Out." It was a tribute concert to some of the country women. Some of the stars were, The Judds (Wynona did not look happy to be there...), Martina McBride, Sugarland's Jennifer Nettles, Reba, Miranda Lambert, Rascal Flatts, Carrie Underwood, Vince Gill and lots more. Carrie Underwood was amazing! She was worth going for! She sang "How Great Thou Art". WOW. I can't wait to watch that part again when it is on TV on the 22nd.

One funny thing... Janae and Holly went out to get some snack and they came back with popcorn, m&m's and 10 waters! The guy in front of us went out and came back with a big bucket full of beers! We Mormon's know how to party! 10 waters! I was laughing!



Jamie, Holly, Janae and Holly

Kathy, Linda, Teresa, Sonya and Barb.

You'll have to watch for it on the 22nd. Not sure what channel it will be on...



1 comment:

Carrie said...

Looks way fun! I would have taken your ticket, silly! Love Carrie Underwood! :):)