Sunday, August 28, 2011

Utah weekend

John and I went on a quick getaway weekend last week. We left on the 18th and came back on the 21st. The kids stayed home alone and we think they behaved without us. (let me know if you know otherwise!)

We drove up to St. George on Thursday and went to see Grease at Tuacahn. It was great! They do such a good job there! I really want to get up there to see Little Mermaid. I am so glad that I married a man that loves to see musicals! John was in this play in high school, so it was fun for him to see again. It was a very hot night... but we survived the heat. We spent the night in St George and then headed up to Provo in the morning.

We got to Provo and went straight to BYU campus to visit our good friends Stacy and Geoff Julian who were there for Education week. They are good friends from Spokane. I still do a little work with Stacy at BigPictureClasses.com. I get to travel to Minneapolis with her in September. I am excited! This visit was short and sweet. It was fun to catch up and hear what was new with them. Maybe next year we can join them for a few days at education week, lunch wasn't long enough!



After our lunch we went to do some wedding shopping... we found a few things we were looking for! It was worth the drive.

Our next stop was to see our new "great nephew". I think that's what we call him. Our niece Sam and her husband Jake had a cute little boy on the 4th of July! He was such a cutie! I am so glad we got to meet little Christopher! It was fun to see where they are living and catch up with them. They are so happy to be parents!


John has been itching to float down the Provo river for 22 years! (we went when we were first married...) Every time we go there he talks about it. It's never fit into our schedule until this trip. I must admit that I didn't really want to go.. but went along to make him happy. I was so glad we went! It was beautiful and peaceful! We stopped at Vivian park and signed up to go with a little river tour group there. They only had kayaks available and that worked out great! We got dropped off a few miles up the river with a big bus load of people. We loved the kayak because we weren't right in the water, but we could get wet when we wanted and we had more control than a tube.




My cute hubby!



It was a beautiful day out! Perfect for the river.

We even saw a train!



The reason we headed to Utah was to go to Jessica and Matt's wedding reception. Jessica is Dix and Kaleen Jarman's daughter. (John's boss and our good friends) It was up at Sundance and it was beautiful! She wanted a rustic reception and it was a perfect location. The was right outside the reception hall. SO pretty!


There were lots of work and Vegas friends there and it was great to see them all.

My good friend Rene'e. I had to go to Utah to see her... haha. (terrible picture... it was taken on the phone...)


Jessica and Matt cutting the cake. They were so happy! It was a really fun party. Lot's of dancing, good food and great people!


Sunday morning we went to my parents for breakfast. My dad makes the best breakfasts! Mark and Katherine and their girls were in town. It was great to see them! Cindy and Spencer came over too. It was such a short and busy trip, we never got up to see Todd and his family. Sorry Todd. We love you!

Mom, John, Dad, Mark, Carly, Katherine, Taylor, Cindy & Spencer.





I love any time I can get away with my honey! Even if it's just to Utah and it's full of things to do.

No comments: