Thursday, October 20, 2011

Will miss her...

We gave a little piece of our family away on Tuesday. We gave our turtle, "mom" to the Dye's pond. She was growing so fast and I couldn't keep her tank clean for more than about a week. It's a real pain to clean and I am sure she was going crazy in her little 20 gallon tank. I must say, I miss her! I miss watching her get excited when I fed her, I miss hearing the constant sound of her water filter (it sounded like a waterfall) and I miss talking to her as I do the dishes. Ashley thinks we gave her away because I hated her, thats NOT true. (You can read more of her feelings on her blog here.) I love our little turtle! I just knew she needed a bigger home.

We asked our friend Kathy if she had ever considered getting turtles for her pond and she said she had just been looking into getting one! Yahoo! So we took her over and "mom" was so happy. She just swam around and floated like she was in heaven! We can visit her anytime we want. She has fish to play with and Kathy said she might even get her a friend!

Look how little she was when Ashley got her! She was so cute!

Can you see how dirty her tank got??

Mitchell letting her go...

She was playing with the fish! Hopefully she won't eat them!
Just chilling in the lily pads!


Look how pretty the pond is! We will miss you little turtle!!

No comments: