Friday, November 4, 2011

The rest of October



I can't believe how fast October flew by! We were all very busy! 

Here are a few highlights...

I am watching these two cute things on Tuesdays and Thursday. They are a highlight of my week. 

Not sure what she was looking at??

He discovered the trampoline and loved it!
Jack learning how to drive!
 Company
One of our very good friends David Demars came to visit us. He was in town for a meeting so we had him over for dinner.  John was one of Davids counselors when he was our Bishop back in the Liberty Lake ward up in Spokane. He is amazing. We just wish Sheryl could have come with him! We had a great time catching up on our lives.

Buddies


Relief Society Retreat

We had a Relief Society retreat up at Brenda Jacobson's cabin in Pine Valley Utah. I have been suggesting one ever since we moved here. (we used to do them in Spokane) 
Before I got released from Relief Society I planned one! It was such a blast! I hope they make it a tradition! The cabin was beautiful, the company was great, the food was yummy! and we laughed so hard we cried! We stayed up until about 3:30am talking and laughing! 

Melody, Kathy and Christy

 We woke up and had breakfast outside and enjoyed the sunshine! It was just gorgeous out! It was dark when we arrived, so it was our first view of the surroundings. Their cabin was nestled up against a mountain and the leaves were changing and it was beautiful!
Jamie, Teresa, Teresa, Corine, Lynette

Corine, Lynette, Sonya's sister and Joan

Amy, Chantelle and Amber

Michele and Sonya

Brenda, Jamie, Teresa and Teresa

The beautiful view out back

Enjoying the sunshine and visiting

Carrie and Marianne 

Abby, Michele and Sonya

Out front

 The rest of the month has been busy with wedding planning!!!!

It has consumed my life... my thoughts, my dreams and my time! 

This was a trial run for a possible dessert idea. It was a failure. (just so you know, caramel doesn't stick to the cut edge of the apples! Only the skin. The good note, is that they did taste good!)


They were suppose to look like this: 

Needless to say we have changed the menu! You will have to come and see what it is!

 More wedding! Tanner has earned a few dollars painting and working on other projects for me.
Tanner putting pictures in all the frames for the tables
 Wedding shopping
Grabbing lunch at Capprioti's  while we were out shopping for boys wedding outfits...

Mitchell trying on clothes at the Rack.

John send this pic to Ashley and told her he was wearing it at the wedding... haha. That didn't go over very well! 
 Blessings in my life!

I broke down and asked for help! Why is that so hard to do??? Ashley and I have spent hours and hours making the centerpieces for the reception. They are so cute, but very time consuming. I had about 30 left to do and John made me ask for help. My friends came to the rescue and helped me get them all done! It was amazing! We had fun chatting all day! Some stayed for an hour and some stayed for 6! Some even came back later in the day! Keri had us over for dinner because she knew I hadn't even thought about it that day! Thank You to all of you!!!
Kim, Sherry, Rene'e and Sonya

Brenda and Kaleen

Pam and Caroline

Jamie

Kathy and Lynette

Nickee and Sonya

Sherry, Scotty and Nickee
 I might get in trouble for posting pics of these already... oh well. Act surprised when you walk in the reception.


 Chef Tanner


 Tanner had a book report due this month and he made fortune cookies to go along with it. They really good!!! and he got an A+ on his assignment! 
Crazy boy!

We watched several you tube videos to get them down!

hot hot!

He wrote little messages from the book inside of them!


 The best thing that happened this month is this little arrival!!!!!

I have waited years to get my hands on this! First I waited a few years for Verizon to offer it because I didn't want to switch to AT&T. A few months before the Verizon iPhone announcement, John got me Droid. I liked my little droid, but I didn't feel complete with it. I wanted all of my Apple products to sync. So, I had to wait another year and a half for an upgrade to get it. I ordered this the day it was announced!



I must say I love it!! I love the feel of it, I love how smooth it works, I love that it syncs with my iMac and my iPad. I am so happy! 



Happy Halloween!

I know you are thinking that these boys are too old to go trick or treating... oh well. They went and they had a good time. They went to the ward trunk or treat and then went out in the neighborhood. 

Tanner, Tyler and Jonah

Tanner and his loot

Tyler and his candy. He sorts his just like I always did!

Jonah sorted his by chocolate and sugar.
I am sure I have missed a few October things. John and I both got new callings. I am helping with the ward Christmas party and Webelo's and teaching primary. So much for the break the Bishop said I was going to get. haha. John got called to be on the stake high council. He will do great. He is excited to be over missionary work.

Ashley came home a few times to help with wedding plans. She also went through the temple. I will do a separate post on that.

The wedding is in 7 days! I hope we are ready!

No comments: