Saturday, May 5, 2012

Biking

John has been trying to get me into biking for a long time, but i have a fear of riding real fast! I did as a kid, not sure why it freaks me out now. We rode everywhere when I was growing up! My mom would let us ride all the way to Bellevue Square and then to my cousins house to swim! (it was a good 5 miles through downtown traffic, no sidewalks, no helmets) We always stopped at McDonalds on Bellevue Way and got a chocolate shake with french fries. Then we would go to Frederick and Nelson's department sore at the mall to get a Frango bar for Julie and Jelly Belly's for me! Cotton Candy and Very Chery! I guess in my old age I became a wimp. John used to ride a lot, but after 2 bike accidents, he has been a little nervous to go. You can read about one of them here.

 Anyway, I got a new road bike a few months ago. We have been riding every Saturday morning that we can. I am really enjoying it! We found out about a bike trail up along the 215 that we love! We get on it right at Flamingo and 215 and it goes all the way up to Charleston. It is so nice to ride and not worry about cars! On a good day we turn up Charleston and go up to the Red Rock sign. My goal is to do the loop at red rock.

We had a great ride this morning until the wind picked up!

John and the beautiful desert landscape... haha




No comments: